Infertility

Pro-tip for taking medrol (aka the vilest tasting pill in the history of life)

So I've had some bad experiences taking those nasty little steroid pills - they taste so horrible and were making me gag to the point of throwing up.  So today I discovered that if I roll them in black raspberry jam, pop on the back of my tongue and swallow quickly with a huge glass of water, I do not get the horrible aftertaste.  I'm assuming any flavor of jam will work.  :)

----
*I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
37 years old, MH is 42
TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome

Re: Pro-tip for taking medrol (aka the vilest tasting pill in the history of life)

• This reminds me of how we give our dog her meds :p (But with peanut butter.) I love peanut butter too, I wonder if that would work as well?

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• You're right, those steroid pills are awful! Good tip, thanks! @HollowBerry, yikes! I can't imagine having to swallow 8 of them. Yuck!

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • @tptbabe, do they have pill pockets for humans? :)

That would be awesome! Maybe just stuff it inside a Cheeto? DH would probably gladly take his meds that way :D
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• @HollowBerry  - eight?  omg, no.  Jam did not dissolve the pills.  

@tptbabe I was afraid I'd choke on the peanut butter, but I did consider that as well. 

----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • LizBlue said:
    @tptbabe I was afraid I'd choke on the peanut butter, but I did consider that as well. 

Good point. Sounds like something I would do!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• Mmm... chocolate milk...
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• Thank you! The pharmacy didn't have the 16mg pills so they gave me the 8mg ones. My dosage is 64mg which means I somehow have to swallow 8 Medrol pills at a time. 
    WAT. This shit is unacceptable. 
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Steroids in general taste gross. Someone else on here posted that their clinic recommended taking it with a spoonful of ice cream.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Hah! They're awful!  I thought about making my own make-shift 'pill pocket'.  I just can't believe how bad it still tastes after you've downed something to wash it down (away)!
    Siggy Warning BFP/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 30, DH 30 Started TTC 7/2009
    9/2010 SA=Normal 9/10 HSG Dx Both tubes dilated; Rx bilateral salpingectomy & IVF; 9/2010-12/2012 Financial break
    1/2013 Bilateral Salpingectomy 5/2013 Recent SA shows borderline morphology
    5/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #1 6/25/13 ER=11R 9M 9F  6/28/13 3dt of 2 embies (8B & 6A-); no frosties: BFN
    10/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #2 11/12/13 ER= 9R 6M 6F  11/15/13 3dt of 2 embies (8A & 8A) 3 frosties (2 day-5, 1 day-6)
    11/22/13 (7dp3dt) +hpt  11/26/13 (11dp3dt) BFP Beta=141 11/28/13 Beta 2= 372 EDD 8/5/2014
    3/20/14 Fetal Demise 20 wks F/L 17 wks D&E attempted 3/21/14 & 3/22/14 Born Still 3/23/14  I love you B.T.
    "Sometimes you try your hardestbut things don't work out the way you want them to." –Nani (Lilo & Stitch)
    “All I can say is, it's a sort of kinship, as though there is a family tree of grief. On this branch, the lost children, on this the suicided parents, here the beloved mentally ill siblings. When something terrible happens, you discover all of the sudden that you have a new set of relatives, people with whom you can speak in the shorthand of cousins.” ― Elizabeth McCracken
    imageimageimage
    8/2014 FET 8/7/14 Transferred 1 5-day blast (4AA): BFN
    TTCAL September Siggy Challenge:  Animals in Clothing

Will add soon

**All AL/AIF Welcome**
  • They are vile. I googled after the first dose and saw a recommendation to take with orange juice...something about fighting bitter with bitter. Totally worked. You're welcome :-)
  • This is hilarious to see this posting. I've been taking it literally right before dinner. I pop it and start eating dinner. A few bites in and there is no after taste. And I cheered tonight when I took my last one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards