Pregnant after IF

Quick q saintelizabth

@Saintelizabeth‌ - I noticed that you are doing a hp theme. I thought of doing that but I figured it would be very expensive and difficult to find stuff. I hope you don't mind me asking ... is it expensive and difficult to find stuff? Also, what do you have in mind for decorating the room?

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Quick q saintelizabth

• I’ve received or am purchasing most of my stuff on etsy for our HP nursery and some things I already own. DH painted the walls a golden neutral color that would work well with the house colors and we’re going to install maroon curtains. I’m trying to incorporate house colors throughout with green, navy, maroon and yellow.

I’ve ordered an HP quote decal to put above the crib

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=harry potter wall decal

I have a replica of a Nimbus 2000 that a friend made for me which we will also mount on the wall and I plan to put up some HP artwork I’m going to get off of etsy. Some of the prints on etsy are $15 or less and they always have sales for frames at craft stores like Michaels.

I bought a small cage at a craft store and plan on having that on top of the dresser as well as the books I own and a wand. The wands can be made by hand or bought on etsy if you don’t want to purchase an actual wand.

In regards to the bedding, because they don’t make HP bedding I found a crib sheet at babies r us that will work with the theme:

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/prints/babies-r-us-percale-crib-sheet-sports-stars-1742959k12-12827649

I also found a lady (who also had an HP theme nursery who made her own crib skirt. I suck a sewing, but the tutorial she used looks super easy! I plan on going to a craft store and picking out a fabric that will work with the theme weather its lightning bolts, stars, or a solid color.

https://www.viewalongtheway.com/2012/04/silliest-little-adjustable-crib-skirt-tutorial-on-the-web/

Honestly, I scoured the internet and Pinterest for pictures of other HP themed nursery’s to get an idea of what I could do. I would suggest searching etsy, or harrypottershop.com

Hope this helps :)

Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! It's given me a lot to think about!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"