April 2013 Moms

any one else transition from crib?

Ester figured out how to climb out of her crib so I had to change it to the toddler bed by taking off the front. Hopefully tonight will be better, last night she slept only for a couple hours and then slept the rest of the night with us in our bed.  I was not expecting to have to do this so soon! 

Re: any one else transition from crib?

• We just nicely got Esther sleeping in the crib (from co-sleeping)! She hasn't attempted any climbing yet...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Aisak‌ sweet lord tell me your secrets!!! We co-sleep but plan to evict Warner when we move on Thursday. He sleeps in his PnP the first half of the night most nights but inevitably winds up back in bed with us
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I feel very lucky, DS only got out once and never again. We transitioned him to a twin bed when he was a little over 2 1/2. I plan on keeping DD in there as long as possible.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @skidderdo‌ I had to lay (lie?) on the floor next to the crib until she fell asleep and then ninja my way out for about 3 nights. It took about an hour each time and she'd sleep from 8pm to 5am (amazing stuff in this house). Since then I've been able to leave the room after I put her down. Sometimes she cries for a minute and sometimes not at all. She's even sttn (until 730am) a couple times!!! I was even successful in putting her down for a nap in the crib yesterday and she slept for 3 frickin hours (I've always had to hold her).
    She's been sleeping fine at daycare since 12 months so I was totally frustrated. She would always lose her mind when I tried the crib before...I think she was just ready.
    I also play fairly loud white noise/waves all night and I think that helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I knocked out toddler international jetlag and crib to bed transition all in one sitting. Crazy- but it worked. One night she kept crawling out of her bed and teething and whining and in a "I had enough" moment I thought maybe I should let her sleep in her crib- which is being set up in her brother's room pending arrival. Good thing my husband was watching bc she crawled out and almost head dove. So we put her back in her bed. Figured finding her asleep ion the floor a few times is a lot better than her falling head first out of a crib. It's been 2 weeks now and she's done awesome. Now during her bedtime routine- instead of reading to her in the glider- I lay her down in her bed and read her books to her there. She's gotten the hang of our new bedtime routine. Good luck ladies !
    DSC_0214
  • She's been off and on in our bed the past couple of weeks on hot days since we only have AC in our room. So we have yet to have a successful full night in her own bed...but I am hoping it will happen , and she still wakes up at least once if not more to breastfeed so that probably contributes to her not sleeping  through the night. I hope we both get used to this 'big kid' bed soon!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"