February 2013 Moms

Bed time

holly321holly321 member
edited August 2014 in February 2013 Moms
What is your children's bedtimes? My neighbor gave me the side eye for putting DS to bed at 7. I thought that was pretty common for this age. Honestly, I have tried to push it a bit later, but he won't have it. I also wake him up by 6 ( if he isn't up already, which is often the case) on days I work.

Re: Bed time

• We start bath between 7-730. So she's typically in bed between 8-830. If course when DH is home it's closer to the later. She gets up for the day between 730-830.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Minus the 18month hell im currently in. Bed for us is between 730 and 8. She still gets up between 6 and 7. Overall I wouldn't mind trying to push bed time back if she would sleep in some more.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • sjames2 said:
    We start bath between 7-730. So she's typically in bed between 8-830.  
    Same here.  The only way bedtime works well for us is if both boys go down at the same time.  About 6 months ago, we pushed DS2 a little later so that he was going down at the same time as DS1.  (He used to be a 7pm bedtime)

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• We typically put him down at 830 then if he's really tired he goes at 8. Mine still takes 2 great naps though
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • He goes to his crib between 7:30-8. He wakes around 7am and takes his only nap between 11-1ish so he's exhausted by bed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are on the exact same schedule. Bedtime at 7pm, wakes up at 6am. (Our 3yo goes to bed at 7:30pm.) Our kids have stayed up as late as 9:30pm on special days - parties, vacation, etc. But it is by no means the norm.

It annoys me when people give the side eye about this kind of stuff. Who cares as long as the kids are getting the sleep they need. I've also gotten comments about why I put my kids to bed so early.

IMO, the parents where one is a SAHM/D or they work later shifts is where I typically see kids have a later bedtime. But I'm at work by 7am everyday (DH by 8am). We also each have an hour commute. So our kids need to be up early just so we can get them fed, dressed, and DH drops them off at daycare by 7am, so we can each go to work.

Whatever works for your family!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My 18 month old goes to bed around 830 and is up 630ish

My 28 month old goes to bed at 730 and will sleep to 730 if uninterrupted which rarely happens.

My 6 year old goes to bed at 8 and gets up 630 ish.

They are all different but it works for us. When #2 was the age #1 is now he would sleep 7pm-7am. Different kids need different things and we all do what works!
  • Tell your neighbor to mind their own business. We have been doing anywhere from 8-9. But bath and PJ time starts anywhere from 7-8.
    Jenny DiLo
  • Most nights it's 7:30, unless we are out doing something. The absolute latest I will push it is 8:30. She usually sleeps through until about 8:00 in the morning. If she had to be up early to get dropped off at day care or something, I'm sure her bedtime would be earlier.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• LO goes to bed about 8-8:30 gets up at 6.. Two hour nap on a good day..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 9:30 here. We run a little late because I stay home and DH works a little later than many....this way he gets time with her at night and I get a little morning time of my own! :)

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• DS usually goes to bed around 8:30, earlier if it's been a lean nap day or he is clearly tired from a long day before. Wakes about 7:30.

• edited August 2014
    That's a perfectly reasonable time. DS goes down between 6:45 and 7:30 most nights (and of course, it always takes him awhile to settle and finally sleep after we begin the lights-out part of bedtime). 

I know people with 4 year olds who do an 8:00 bedtime, so 7 shouldn't be that ridiculous for a 1.5 year old. 

• Another lending moral support for 7 PM.  DS is usually in bed by 6:50-7:00 and if he's tired, he's asleep in minutes, but usually rolls around for 20-30 minutes.  Up by 6:30 most days.  If we push it later, he's up at 6, never sleeps later.  We both work and need the evening for ourselves, and I like the mornings with DS before I start work.  
  • DS goes to bed between 8:30 and 9pm and wakes up on weekdays at around 7:30am. He takes a 2-3 hour nap. It works well for us, since DH often doesn't get home until 7pm. We let him sleep in on the weekends, but he seldom sleeps past 8am.
    This exactly!
  • DS goes to his crib at 745.  Some nights he passes out right away, and other nights hes still playing with stuffies at 9.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Between 7 and 8 is her natural bedtime and it's what we aim for. From what I've read, this should be the average bedtime for the next several YEARS so I'm think'n your neighbor is wack.
  • I try to have her in bed at 9. If she's up later than meh...she still naps really well. I was blessed with a pretty go with the flow kiddo, and I dont pick her up until 6:30 from her sitter. Some nights I want her to stay up and play with me :)
  • DC2London said:
    I am a huge champion of early bedtimes.  I read just about every sleep book ever written when Jack was little and I quickly learned that mine sleep much better and longer with an early bedtime.  So that's what we do.  It works well for us.

I still say it depends on the kid. My dd does best with being asleep by 9:30 and waking around 8:30 or 9. She sleeps all night and naps great. I am sure if I worked or she was just a early riser, or she wasn't sleeping/napping well, we would have to adjust obviously, but this works best for us now. Plus it gives dh time with her at night and me time to myself before she wakes up.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• DC2London said:
    ally2011 said:
    DC2London said:
    I am a huge champion of early bedtimes.  I read just about every sleep book ever written when Jack was little and I quickly learned that mine sleep much better and longer with an early bedtime.  So that's what we do.  It works well for us.

I still say it depends on the kid. My dd does best with being asleep by 9:30 and waking around 8:30 or 9. She sleeps all night and naps great. I am sure if I worked or she was just a early riser, or she wasn't sleeping/napping well, we would have to adjust obviously, but this works best for us now. Plus it gives dh time with her at night and me time to myself before she wakes up.
    That's why I said "it works well for us."  

Sorry, I read it as you saying you had read all the sleep books and therefore thought early bedtimes were best across the board. I apologize if I misunderstood your point.

• Both girls go down around 6:30 and are up at 6 for school/work.
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited August 2014
    We get moving later in the morning, so our kids go to bed late. I really try to have E in bed by 8:30 and C by 9:00. Then under normal circumstances, E sleeps until 9:00-9:30 am... but C has been waking him at the butt crack of dawn so they are both super pleasant all day long. 8-}
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Prep starts at 6:30 in bed at 7. Up between 6-6:45.

Although, just this last week DD has started taking 2 hour naps and has been sleeping a bit later in the morning.  It's all very shocking and I hope it lasts. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Usually between 7:30-8.  DD (almost 4) goes to bed around 8-8:30, earlier if she hasn't napped that day.  I find that in the winter my kids tend to go to bed earlier and they tend to stay up later in the summer.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • 7/30. But right now he's sleeping right until 8:30 am the next morning, so this is working for us. Some nights he crashes, others he talks to himself for over an hour. My neighbours out their one year old down around 10. Each baby is different. DS loves his sleep so we won't change this... And I like my adult time after he's down... Well I did, until this little girl came along :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"