April 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else up?

It's 2 am here, and I'm up with a very out-of-sorts little boy. I had a difficult time putting him to bed tonight, and he woke up screaming about an hour ago. He's been sleeping through the night since around the beginning of Aug. so this is unusual for him nowadays. The way he was screaming sounded like he was in pain, and he wanted nothing to do with daddy or food or drink. He calmed down for me, but it took a while. I'm not sure what to think. His head feels warm to the touch, so I think he has a fever, but I'm not sure how high. (The only thermometer I could find is not working.) It looks like a bottom molar is about to pop through, so maybe it's teething related? He hasn't acted like this for any of his other teeth though, including his top 2 molars. He also hasn't eaten much today, but I'm not sure if he's feeling off cause he hasn't eaten much or if he hasn't eaten much cause he feels off. Finally his breathing sounded weird while he was upset. It sounded sort of similar to way he grunts when he's pooping, but then when he calmed down it went back to normal. So strange!

Anyways...just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do? I tried to nurse him back to sleep, but he wasn't interested at all. I gave him some Tylenol just over half an hour ago, and he's been playing while I typed this. So it seems like it might be no-big-deal, but the breathing thing has me concerned. Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else up?

• Options
    Sounds like teething to me -- I would have for sure done advil or tylenol too. 
    Also, I think James is getting his TWO year molars right now, and he's been acting similarly, even though his other teeth - while a little uncomfortable- never had the same effect. 
  • Options

Thank you Grace and js. The Tylenol seems to have done the trick. I was able to put him back to bed without any trouble shortly after posting. (He was bummed out that I wouldn't let him sleep in my bed though, haha.) He is back to his normal, happy self this morning. :)

Also, silver lining: he gave me his first ever real kiss last night! Heart melted. And I got another one this morning. :x

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks Trin! He learned how to give kisses just in time for my birthday (yesterday), which makes them extra sweet!

I hope you can figure out your little guy's wake-ups soon. It's no fun having to wake up motn again after they been sleeping through for a while.

• Options
    knitfaced said:
    Happy birthday @elbou‌! Hope you had a great day!
    Thank you @knitfaced! I did have a great day! I got to hang out with my nephews and we went for a picnic in the park, followed by red velvet cake after supper. Yum!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"