2nd Trimester

Strong headache that doesn't go away

I have been feeling some sinus pressure which I read is normal due to hormonal changes. I have also been getting some headaches. But last night a headache started and didn't let up! Today I woke up still with a throbbing headache. Getting a little worried. Will try Tylenol but maybe need nasal spray too. Hope it's not a sinus infection or worse, preeclampsia! Any advice? Doctors office is closed today and over weekend.

Re: Strong headache that doesn't go away

• When I call it just says we are closed but has an option for medical emergencies or answering service.
  • You are totally right. I will do that now! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a headache on and off for about 1.5 weeks. It would start up mid-day, be throbbing by night, and would linger until the next day. I had gone cold turkey on caffeine and thought that might have something to do with it. I discussed it with my OB and she told me that headaches are common (I was at an office visit so she could visibly tell I was okay and so were my vitals). I ended up getting some OTC acetaminophen (just took 1 500mg tablet) and it ended up going away for good a few days later.

I should note just in case someone reads this and misconstrues the information, that I'm not giving you advice to not call your doctor, just giving my experience. If you are concerned, contact your doctor.

• I had a slight headache when i went in for my growth scan (it was nothing horrible like a headache you'd get sitting on the computer to long just a little one) anyway while at the growth scan they took blood pressure and urine sample and up to labor and delivery i went due to pre eclampsia. My only "symptom" that i could tell was the headache.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Thanks everyone. I talked to the doc and he suggested Tylenol and the obvious, water, tea...hot shower. I did all the above and felt much better.

I def think I may be coming down with a cold, which is probably why I am feeling sinus pressure and headache.
  • You could go to a pharmacy and check your blood pressure on one of their machines. Just a suggestion.
    Pregnant with baby BOY #1 due 2/24/14 after 4 years of TTC and IUI #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"