Formula Feeding

Still gassy on gentleease...

Is anyone else's little one still really gassy on Enfamil Gentleease? We started him on it when we started formula because he was gassy to begin with, but he's still really gassy on it. Mylacon drops aren't helping any & neither is the bicycle kicks really. We also JUST started him on reflux drops to see if some of his discomfort/arching/kicking/gagging/choking/spit up is from reflux. 

DS#1 was on regular Enfamil from the start & didn't have any tummy issues, so this is all new to me!

If you've had a similar issue, did you try a different formula? Similac Sensitive maybe? Or did you just wait for him to out grow it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Still gassy on gentleease...

• @jumpingbeanx2‌ : if you mix it all in the morning, do you just keep a container of it in the fridge & heat it up as needed? What do you do when you are out of the house? I assume you use the powder & do it this way because it's cheaper than ready to feed formula? Sorry so many questions...
  • JustGoWithItJustGoWithIt member
    edited August 2014
    @snuff9861‌ yes, so you use powder/mix as needed when you are out so you don't worry about heating. That's what I was worried about. With a four year old we are often out at playgrounds without the ability for me to heat it up. Do you just keep the mixed formula in a pitcher in the fridge or do you need a special container? 

@mom2boxers‌ : if you pour the R2F into your bottles, doesn't it then need to be refrigerated/heated since it was "opened"? I've never used R2F, so sorry if that was a stupid question. Thanks ladies. I'm definitely going to try these things!
  • Loading the player...
  • You may need to switch bottles. We went through a few with each of my kiddos before we got the right fit. We use Similac Sensitive. And ready to feed makes my kids phenomenally gassy. So even on the go, we take water and pre-measured powdered formula.
  • Thanks all. We are using the dr. Browns bottles which I thought were really good. We also do probiotic drops already.
  • Dr Brown bottles made both my kiddos really gassy. They needed the wider, fatter nipples like Tommee Tippee. My kids are in the minority, but it's something to consider. Tons of people love Dr Browns. They just didn't work for us.
  • @MommyAtty‌ : I stood in the bottle aisle for a VERY along time today looking at all of the options. How did you pick the TT ones? Did you try a bunch for your LO & that was the one that worked best? Did you buy one of that kind & just wash it/use it for every feed one day to see if it helped? I imagine using it just for one feed wouldn't really tell you if it is helping or not, but maybe...

Not trying to be cheap, but also not in a position to buy a ton of bottles right now. 

Thanks everyone!
  • I get that! Bottles are expensive! The first time, we registered for Avent and TT. So we still had them the second time around. We got a free Similac bottle in the mail, and DD loved it. We bought the Dr Brown's. And I would try to get a 2 pack and use those for a couple of days. Oh, and gripe water worked miracles with DD. You may want to try that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"