November 2013 Moms

Struggling with Anxiety

Man... I'm almost in tears as I write this. I don't really know where to turn. I am struggling hard with anxiety the past month, 3-4 weeks really, and am feeling myself start to unravel.

Part of it is our nanny quitting and me having no good childcare situation in place after Aug ends. Part of it is that I need to do our monstrous tax returns due 9/15 and 10/15 and I have no clue when to do that between work and home and baby.

I hope things will turn around once those things are settled, but in the meantime I feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin at any moment. I talked to DH, but he doesn't understand. He thinks I should just do the things that need doing. Maybe it is that simple and I just don't see it because... well... the anxiety monster has a hold on me. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyone have words of encouragement or online resources for anxiety management? I have been medicated for anxiety in the past but I'm not looking to go down that road at this time. I've had it well controlled for years, so I'm also kind of taken aback at this sudden onset. :/

Much love to you N 13. Now I have to go back into this CPE conference and try not to dwell on negative thoughts. Sigh.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Struggling with Anxiety

• barista411barista411 member
    edited August 2014
    Bump burp
  • Loading the player...
    edited August 2014
    Bump burp
    edited August 2014

I'm sorry you are going through this. I second making list and talking to someone. Maybe an outside perspective could help you break down these tasks in smaller more manageable goals? At the very least just having someone to commiserate with IRL could help.

You know we are all here for you!
  • Just wanted to say that I totally understand that feeling!  So sorry you are going through this.  Hopefully now that daycare is figured out that will take some stress off. 
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I really don't have anything to add other than offer you some support. My husband struggles with anxiety so I see how debilitating it can be to someone. *hugs* I hope this turns around for you soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kfran84  - Sent you a message.

Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • @cgmb I love those methods! I do some very similar things. It's like you just need to force yourself out of your current state of mind. My therapist also recommended playing with my dog or taking care of something else in the house. Something that is a constant that you can spend a few minutes distracting yourself with....my DH doesn't understand my panic attacks and it's def hard! You can always come post here mid panic attack. I actually come on here and just read a bunch of posts during attacks to distract me!
  • I'm sorry you're struggling!
    Only words of encouragement I have is to take it one step at a time and to start somewhere. Also, most importantly, take a step back and just breathe. Go back in and reevaluate your situation. What 'case' needs the most attention from you and which one can wait? Then take it from there.
    ((Hugs)) You can do this.

• Glad to see you got daycare figured out, that's a HUGE item to cross of the list and hopefully lightens your stress load.

I can't say I know what your anxiety feels like or a panic attack in general but I have a certain issue I stress about and when I start to get worked up and feel anxious about it my DH used to just always say ' it's just in your head'. That would annoy me, no shit it's in my head but that didn't make me not feel that way, so I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes logic doesn't help.

I hope writing to us offers an outlet and makes you feel better. I know sometimes I just reach a point when I'm overwhelmed and I need to talk or cry or write or nap or something, but then the stress level starts to drop and I can see how I could start to get things under control again. Try not to get too bogged down and just keep moving forward, even if it's slowly...
  • All I have for you is another hug, lots of support and positive thoughts coming your way. I haven't gotten to chat with you but I can tell just from your post that you are a smart gal who will do whatever she can to get her family taken care of.

I wish you all the strength and I know you'll conquer this anxiety.
  • I want to send you a great big hug. We are always here when you need, my ear is always available. Hugs mama!
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. PPs have given some great advice. Hugs momma. >:D<

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meditation helps so much for my anxiety. If your looking for a book to help you get started, I reccommend "8 minute meditation".
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Big hugs, and I'm so sorry you are dealing with anxiety. It is so difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"