Babies on the Brain

Pregnancy, BCP, and missed periods?

Heya there, I'm a returning Bump member - haven't been on here in five years about. I'm in need of some advice here. I've been on BCPs since my DD was born, and without getting too much into it, I'm suspicious that I may be preggo. I wouldn't be worried if it weren't for the strange appetite, achy lower back, annoyingly frequent potty runs, and the fabulous combination heartburn/nausea.

Here's my question: if I had withdrawal bleeding from my BCP's last month (oh, say, about three and a half weeks ago), when on earth should I take a HPT? If these are symptoms and not just me being crazy, should I test now since they're so pronounced? Or would it be better to just wait until my expected "period" is supposed to show up (which is about another week away)?

I know it's probably a ridiculous question but I've never been in the position of seriously suspecting pregnancy while on the pill before. Apologies if I sound like a numbnut. :)

Re: Pregnancy, BCP, and missed periods?

• AFwifelife: you're right, I had almost NO symptoms with DD.

MandJS said:
    If you're far enough along for symptoms, you're far enough along to turn a test positive. Therefore, if you think you're pregnant based on symptoms, test. If it's negative, you're not pregnant, try again in a week.

That is basically what I was trying to ask. Only apparently I'm too stupid to put my thoughts into words. Good lord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"