North Carolina Babies
Options

Raleigh: WakeMed vs Rex Hospital

Which is better? Rex Hospital or WakeMed?

My friends gave birth in Rex Hospital and they were happy about that. One of my friends had a horrible experience at WakeMed Cary (they didn't let her husband into the surgery because she was under anesthesia) . But the guys I work with, their wives went to WakeMed-Raleigh and they were very pleased with the hospital. I am leaning towards Rex Hospital but don't know... Any recommendations?

Re: Raleigh: WakeMed vs Rex Hospital

• Options
    Planning on delivering at wake med cary. My cousin and other friends have had great experiences there. My SIL had her baby at Rex. I was there for her labor and was not impressed at all by her care. When I got pregnant, I toured wake med raleigh and just the thought of my out of town family trying to park and come find me there was enough to choose cary....even though it's the farthest from my house. From everything I've heard ab all 3, I don't think we can "go wrong," just a matter of preference. Good luck!!!

• Options
    I'll be delivering at WakeMed Cary. The facility is lovely and was recently updated, and most of the people I know delivered there and were pleased. WakeMed Cary also seems to be the most open to natural birth. WakeMed Raleigh does have a great NICU, though.

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are using Duke Regional. Just something different. It's where our OB delivers and we love the practice so much we went and checked it out and like it. Have heard only good at Rex. My sister gave birth to a 11lb.12oz boy vaginally at Rex. Staff was amazing! They were expecting 7lbs. From scans.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    I delivered at Wake Med Cary and had a wonderful experience. They are very breastfeeding friendly there. They also have tubs if you want to labor in water, however, you can't birth in the tub. From everything I've heard from friends who delivered at Rex, it's mediocre at best and not very breastfeeding friendly.

• Options
    I will probably end up at wake med raleigh since I work there. Although wake med cary is a good option too. Gonna stay in - network with my insurance!
  • Options
    I delivered at Rex and loved it.   I plan to deliver there again in a few months.  Wake med Raleigh has too big, didn't seem as clean, and I thought out of town guest would get lost and don't like that parking isn;t free.  I had a friend deliver at Wake med Raleigh and when I went to visit her I ended up giving her my spare pacifier for her baby because she said they didn't provide them...not sure if maybe they ran out or if that's true?  As far as not being breastfeeding friendly at Rex I really don't think that is true...I had trouble breastfeeding and 3 different LC came by my room to help me out and gave me lots of advice and helped me out a bunch. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I delivered at Rex and only have good things to say. I was well taken care of from start to finish, the hospital is clean, and the nurses were very breastfeeding- friendly, etc.

• Options
    I delivered at Rex, everything was great about my care. The labor and delivery nurse who was there did a great job in her role with delivering my son. The nurses and techs who completed my aftercare were also fantastic and made sure I was doing great. As for not being breast feeding friendly, I was seen by at least 2 different lactation coaches, and felt that I could have seen more had I asked. The aftercare nurses were even great at helping me establish a solid breast feeding relationship with my son.

My only complaint would be the food- they tended to mess up my order and I was starting by the time I got home.
  • Options
    I delivered at Rex and couldn't have been happier with my experience.  The facility is clean, well-run, and the nurses are very helpful!  I saw three LCs while there and was able to nurse my DD until she turned one!!  The food is also REALLY good because the local culinary students cook there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"