Baby Showers

Thought you all might enjoy this extremely rude invite...

Just got this from some friends of ours. I have seriously never seen anything like it in my entire life...I didn't even know people like this existed - let along in our circle of friends. I am so ashamed right now.

In a few short weeks we are going to be saying hello to a newborn baby girl while waving goodbye to our social lives!

But in the meantime we want everyone to come see us in our new place and bring us a pack of diapers, of which we're going to need about 7,000 over the next few years.

We will provide the snacks, food, witty banter, and light entertainment, while you supply some diapers.

BYOB, but we'll have a case of beer lying around in case those Huggies are just too much for your bank account.

Re: Thought you all might enjoy this extremely rude invite...

• No way!!! How can people think this is okay?!?
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Loading the player...
  • VOR said:
    Um.  Really?  I hope you don't plan on going.  I can see how they are trying to be funny, but yeah, it's missing the mark, horribly.

I'm SURE if you were to call them out on the $$ front, their defense is going to be "but we want to see everyone!".  Why they don't get that they can do that WITHOUT demanding diapers is beyond me.  But I'm sure that's what their logic is.  "Oh - isn't this a fun idea to do for one more party??". 

And really - the whole "waving good bye to our social lives"... eye roll.

I don't plan on going. It's 2 days before my due date anyway, so I wouldn't be going anywhere (if how I've been feeling lately is any indication of how I will feel by then.) Not sure if DH will be going, but he's not getting any of our sons diapers to hand off as an entry fee! If he wants to feed this ridiculousness he can buy his own damn diapers - he'd better  not think he's stealing from our stash! :p

• yeah... wow. i have a feeling they thought they were being so cute and witty with that invite... ew. not at all. in fact, i'd probably feel a little offended if i got that! haha i'm glad you're not going!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Seems like they thought they were being funny, but it definitely didn't come across that way. 
  • I would feel so offended and uncomfortable if I received this tackfest. No diapers for them!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • I hope this was an attempt at these people being cheeky & that they aren't truly awful??  & if it was they kinda FAILED miserably!!  Totally a rude invite!! 
  • BurdyGurl said:
    I hope this was an attempt at these people being cheeky & that they aren't truly awful??  & if it was they kinda FAILED miserably!!  Totally a rude invite!! 

I might say yes, except DH and I found out that they invited people who are OUR friends that they've either only met one time or spoke to via email, so I think it's more a grab for free shit.

• Wow. It would've been hard for me not to respond with a great big 'fuck you'. And then probably drive to their house and launch a big, shit-filled diaper off their front door.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • VORVOR member
    BurdyGurl said:
    I hope this was an attempt at these people being cheeky & that they aren't truly awful??  & if it was they kinda FAILED miserably!!  Totally a rude invite!! 

I might say yes, except DH and I found out that they invited people who are OUR friends that they've either only met one time or spoke to via email, so I think it's more a grab for free shit.

What do you friends who don't know them well think about the invite? Are the equally as horrified?
  • That invitation is horrible.
    If I had the balls, I would show up with a bunch of children, no diapers or beverage. And go super hungry! ;)

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• What the Hell is wrong with people?

• Holy shizz!!!! For real someone sent that out????!!!! Awful!!!
  • VOR said:
    BurdyGurl said:

What do you friends who don't know them well think about the invite? Are the equally as horrified?
    Oh - they are equally as horrified.

• "Hi, we don't want to buy diapers because we'd rather spend our money hosting parties before the baby arrives and ruins our social life."

I feel so sorry for their baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"