December 2012 Moms

Car Seat...

Ok, I know this has been discussed to death...but if you had to pick one car seat to last until your toddler (baby!!) was old enough to be in a booster seat what would you pick under $200??  I want to keep Morgan RF until she's at least 2, she's about 29 pounds right now and we've almost hit the limit on our current seat.  So it's time to invest in one that will last a while.

And.......GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: Car Seat...

• We have the Graco My Size 70. We picked it because it rear faces until 40 lbs, which was higher than most of the ones BRU at the time (we had to buy one in a hurry since DD's infant seat was in a car accident and we only had 1 car sea). It was part of a recall, but it was an issue with the buckle sticking (ours never did) and not a safety issue. We really like it- it's easy to install (we only have 1 so we switch it between my car and DH's car) and easy to adjust.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• We have the Evenflo Symphony 65 DLX. We really like it. It can be rear facing up to 40 pounds and forward facing up to 65 pounds. We got ours on Amazon, but they have it on overstock for less than 200. This one might be marginally different, but it is essentially the same seat. https://www.overstock.com/Baby/Evenflo-Symphony-DLX-Convertible-Car-Seat-in-Ocala/9064056/product.html?refccid=6E3XYZVLS7AY4QCCZQOHGIZRYI&searchidx=0
  • Loading the player...
  • Here are the reccomended seats from Car Seats for the Littles.
    csftl.org/recommended-seats/
    We went with the Graco MySize/ number of other names. Number being 65 or 70 isn't issue (the 70s are slightly older, from older weight limits of the testing).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have the Graco Mysize 70 as well. I chose it because: it has a high weight/height limit, it fits in our normal sized 4 door sedan, it got great reviews, it cleans up pretty easily, easy to install, etc. We bought it on Amazon for around 150, I think. 

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • oh & if you are tempted by a Britax, because it is suppsedly great & easy, DH says there's nothing easy about it. We got one as a back up seat / possible alternative & DH hates it. (We got the Pavillion or Advocate I think)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I got the Graco My Size 65, I put Morgan in it at the store and she kept saying "I like it" so we got it.  Now to get it installed...

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• It looks awesome!  I got a picture of her in the store model on the shelf, she was a little cramped in that one, so ignore the pained face.  She likes it, like I said above.  It was installed today and I can't wait to get her in it for the first time. 

If you had had asked me a year or two ago if I would get this excited over a new car seat I would have said never!  Ha! Ha!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"