March 2012 Moms

looks like we're ready for some PT

So .. someone decided to rip off his diaper and say pee pee.. and since he was on my bed and I didn't fancy a wet bed tonight I asked him if he wanted to go pot pot ( potty or toilet)

..I carried his neked butt through to the spare bathroom where his potty has been unused for MONTHS.. unless you count wearing it on your head as use .. after a few minutes he sat on his froggy pot.. got up and asked for his big toilet insert seat... 

...after about 15 minutes of goofin off then another 15 minutes getting on and off the seat .. he was standing up and I could tell he was about to pee on the floor ( can you tell we've had a few of those moments lately lol )

.. so I picked him up and stood him on his stool and he sat down.. and PEED !!!! he was very proud of himself and even happier when he got to flush flush and shout "seeya pee" down the toilet LOL

We shall ignore the fact that ten minutes later he PEED even more on the bathroom floor lol .. one step at a time  

Looks like he finally decided it was time to potty train.. not gonna push it, but he seemed so pleased with himself and did not want a diaper on for bed.. I have a feeling he is going to want to do this again. I also have a feeling mommy gonna be spending a lotta time sitting on the side of the bath in the next few weeks. Might be time to wall mount something to hold my laptop lol.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: looks like we're ready for some PT

• Congratulations! That is awesome, and such a huge accomplishment! You both should be so proud. When we dove into potty training I just let my dd run around diaper less and pant less. We had accidents but I think that is really what helped her realize when she had to go.
    The laptop idea isn't a bad idea. In the beginning our bathroom looked more like a library. I did everything to keep her from getting bored on the potty and losing interest, especially when she was trying to poop. We'd just have a story time pow wow in the bathroom, no big deal. :)
    Big congratulations again on this huge milestone!
  • WipzWipz member
    @kaleb87 thanks ..he's always been less than bothered by wet diapers or peeing on my floors..or playing in it afterwards X_X luckily we've only ever had one episode of peeing on the carpeted areas.  He pees in the shower too lol so he is used to peeing standing up neked.. maybe that will help too when it comes to peeing standing up lol.  

It's perfect timing because I was getting ready to bulk up on the next size up diapers.. so now I won't have wasted all that money and will go for pull ups instead.  Money is tighter now I am not working until hubby graduates .. guess we are all trying to do our bit for the budget haha..even the munchkin.  

The funny thing is about a month ago he started having a total meltdown if I went to go pee... we went from him standing there shouting pee at me every time I went to... NO NO NO total meltdowns... and now he wants to pee on the pot.  Kids... * rolleyes 

oh and the laptop isn't for him... LOL   figure If I am gonna be stuck in my bathroom for  hours ... I might as well get him a padded seat and me some entertainment. altho I can almost guarantee that would be  netflix cartoons anyway LOL   might as well let him learn his alphabet and such while he pees... :) 

Poopin should be interestin when we get to that stage... he poops standing up clinging to something and groaning like a lady in labor.. and he isn't even constipated.. he has always been a very vocal pooper lol .. very entertaining when he used to do it at Grandmas in front of the entertainment center while Grandpa was trying to watch TV ...  :D

He just peed again on the pot about a half hour ago.. so I am hoping it won't be long before he starts asking to go himself .. he gives indicators but  it still takes a while before he will actually sit n pee. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Very exciting! DS is starting to show some interest but I'm afraid to push it too hard... He doesn't tell us when he needs to go, just when he's going. I'm not into letting him run around diaper less and peeing all oer the floor, that sounds like a nightmare haha!
  • WipzWipz member
    Very exciting! DS is starting to show some interest but I'm afraid to push it too hard... He doesn't tell us when he needs to go, just when he's going. I'm not into letting him run around diaper less and peeing all oer the floor, that sounds like a nightmare haha!
    Depends what kind of flooring you have.. we have laminate wood in the front room kitchen and bathrooms... only carpet in two bedrooms and only one accident in  there so far.  I get him neked in the bathroom and let him play around .. you learn to read the signs once they have peed on the floor a few times lol.

It probably helps we have never tried to keep him out of the bathroom when we go to the toilet, so he is used to what it's used for since an early age.
  • Yay Dom!  That is great!  Haha I totally agree about a wall mount for the laptop for you - when we first started PTing, I swear I spent most of the day in the bathroom with DS.  I read him lots of stories and spent plenty of time on my phone lol!  We did the no-diaper, no-pants thing as well and it definitely helped in terms of reading the signs and getting him to the bathroom quickly.  Hope he keeps it up and this goes smoothly for you!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • WipzWipz member
    krispy83

Not holding my breath,... he is a fickle little monster lol.. but he did go pee on the big toilet 3 times today ..so you never know...he may stay interested enough to start  going potty more consistently.  He is a bugger to keep a diaper on tho... if he has no pants on he undoes his diaper regardless of if he wants to pee or not haha.  He did undo it a couple of times and say Pee .. 

We'll just take it at his pace, this has been a big adjustment for him already with me quitting my job and daddy changing to day shift.. but he seems to be taking it all in his stride so far  :)

I have been letting him use my phone, but I know if I don't watch out that sucker is gonna get dropped between his legs down the toilet haha.  I think I need to either keep the tablet, DVD player or laptop on hand and charged or I need to charge up the old phones that still work on our wifi. 

He is also getting quite independent about brushing his teeth.. he does great on the fronts but geez is he a feisty one when I want to help do the back ones.. joys of parenthood LOL

One other thing I noticed  this last week is he has been really good about helping me build his train tracks instead of pulling them apart.  I took a big bucket of his track and keep it in the front room and each morning we build a track to play with on and off through the day.  When its on his train table he seemed to spend more time pulling it apart.

my lil guy is growing up more and more every time I blink.
  • Very exciting! DS is starting to show some interest but I'm afraid to push it too hard... He doesn't tell us when he needs to go, just when he's going. I'm not into letting him run around diaper less and peeing all oer the floor, that sounds like a nightmare haha!
    Alexander will tell us when he's going sometimes, too but if I ask him "Do you want to go to the potty?" he'll say "You go to the potty, Mama." I feel like it's a 2 year old's way of telling me to go to hell and mind my own business.

• @eyenigh Glad to hear I'm not the only one making no progress. We bought a small potty yesterday (we had the potty seats before) and she sat on it for awhile. Today I asked her if she was pooping and she screamed "I NEVER POOP!!!" As she was pooping.

Yup, yup, the old "I NEVER POOP!" and the ever popular "I DON'T POOP!" are the closest we've made it to a potty yet. He starts the older toddler room in daycare in a week and their big focus is PT so I'm going to follow their lead. I think watching the other kids go will shame him into it. I hope...

• WipzWipz member
    Don't feel bad..I cleaned up 3 puddles of pee today 2 of which someone was attempting to spread across the entire floor with his feet... X_X  

so far we are  2- 3 today  2 successes on the pot and 3 on the floor lol 

• WipzWipz member
    First night in training pants.. no leaks.. which actually surprised me.  We have been having a few leaks lately and I was debating whether to move up to 7's or try training pants.  I didn't think these would be as absorbent.. but I have to say Pampers Easy Ups are pretty damned good...and cheaper than his regular Pampers Cruisers. 

I read that easy Ups were better than the Pull Ups so I figured I would give them a try before buying more diapers...

Big :-bd for Easy Ups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"