Baby Showers
Options

After Baby shower

I didn't have a baby shower while I was pregnant. Have any of you had a baby shower after your baby was born? If so how did it turn out?

Re: After Baby shower

• Options
    VORVOR member
    This is common in the Jewish community. Is someone offering to throw one?
  • Options
    A girlfriend of mine went into preterm labor with her son at 33 1/2 wks and he obviously had a NICU stay...we postponed her shower at that time.

We did her (small, close friends and family) shower the week before he came home (baby about 37w old) at her home (instead of at a restaurant as originally planned, we couldn't get a good repeat date). Instead of doing games and whatever, we helped her get set-up and painted/decorated the nursery (which she was feeling overwhelmed about and was grateful to have the help from other moms, I obviously cleared this w/her first).

I think if there are religious, medical or other circumstances the baby shower can certainly be after the baby's birth.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, so everyone can meet the baby, and I can have the baby shower I didn't get to have while I was pregnant. We just ran out of time. And I'm not Jewish but oh well haha
  • Options
    In our family showers are traditionally held after the baby is born.  Gives everyone an opportunity to meet the baby.
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:

DejaM98 said:

I didn't have a baby shower while I was pregnant. Have any of you had a baby shower after your baby was born? If so how did it turn out?

DejaM98 said:

Yes, so everyone can meet the baby, and I can have the baby shower I didn't get to have while I was pregnant. We just ran out of time. And I'm not Jewish but oh well haha

What do you mean you "ran out of time" to have a shower?

Most people would call a "shower" after having the baby a meet the baby party.

Did someone offer to host a shower for you? Are you throwing your own party?

I mean exactly what I said. I was supposed to have one but we were focused more on getting ready for the baby. Plus my mom didn't have a place to have it at the time. And no I'm not throwing my own party.
  • Options
    Darbie914 said:

DejaM98 said:

I'm confused.  This is your second child?  If it is, then you shouldn't be having a shower because showers are to welcome first time moms into motherhood.  Once you are a mother, you cannot be rewelcomed.

In the event that you have a shower anyway, has someone offered to host one for you?

No, this is my first baby. I'm a teen mom so I was in school most of the time that I was pregnant. My mom would be throwing the party
  • Options
    MandJS said:

If someone else has offered to throw you a shower (read, you didn't ask), and you are a first time mom, it is completely acceptable to have a shower after the baby is born. My daughter was 1 month old at her shower. I didn't want to accept anything for her prior to her birth due to some religious superstitions. 

However. If she is already born, it is equally acceptable to simply have a "meet the baby" or "sip and see" type party, which you can throw yourself. 

The difference is, one will include a registry (the shower) and you will be expected to open gifts, potentially play games, have cake, etc. I personally prefer meet the baby parties as they tend to be more relaxed, no registry information is included (though you likely will still get some gifts), I've only been to open house style parties, and they just feel more comfortable to me. 
    Thank you! This answer actually helped (:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"