April 2015 Moms

Hcg levels 34,000 at 5weeks 4days

Hi everyone, I just got my lab results back from last weeks blood draw (finally!), at which time I was 5 weeks 4 days, going off my last menstrual and assuming I ovulated on day 14 of my cycle. Results came back 34,000. At first I was just relieved that they weren't low, but now I am starting to worry again (as I always do) isn't this way high for 5 weeks? The range I saw online was like 18-7,000. It's possible I could be a few days off in my estimation of how far along I am, but I don't think more than a few days. at most I was 6 weeks on the dot. Possibility for twins or molar pregnancy? What were your levels and 5 and a half to 6 weeks? Thanks, just can't seem to stop obsessing and worrying about everything!

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

BabyFetus TickerWorkout Row Flip Fail.gif

Re: Hcg levels 34,000 at 5weeks 4days

• I would call your doctor and ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha, you're absolutely right about consulting Dr. Google, not good for the anxiety! I should know better by now! I guess I won't know anything for sure until my ultrasound at 9 weeks...the wait is difficult!

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

• Lol please no triplets!! I would love to go earlier, unfortunately they don't seem willing to see me earlier unless there's a specific problem..? I guess every OB office is different cause I know some offices will do them earlier.

• If there was a concern I am sure your OB would notify you. Seems high for 5 weeks tho. maybe you are further along then you thought or you could have a chance of multiples. Good Luck!
  • Do you have an update yet? My 5w6d was 21,250 and I'm thinking that's on the high side. Mine have been consistently almost tripling (just under a full triple usually). I did IVF and we transferred 2 embryos so I'm hoping for twins!
  • My HCG at 5 weeks was 85,000. Doctors never said anything about it though. I only saw one during my ultrasound, unless the other was hiding hehe
  • @jmhansen11- I haven't had an update yet. Since this is my first pregnancies (no previous losses) they didn't do repeat draws to track if it was doubling. I have my first ultrasound this coming Thursday at the 9 week mark so we will hopefully see then! I'm thinking it's possible I just  ovulated on day 11 or 12 instead of day 14, which would have put me closer to week 6 at the time they did the blood draw, and would explain the higher number. 

Multiples don't run in my family and I wasn't on any fertility treatments so I am hoping that makes me low risk for them. Due to my septate uterus, twins would actually be really dangerous and make it even *less* likely that the pregnancy would make it to viability :(  So I have good reason to hope against it. Buttt if it turns out to be multiples I will definitely be posting about it....as soon as I am done having a heart attack!

• Everyone is different!! I swear I am 7 weeks and my lab results as of yesterday showed only 14600. But I've been dealing with bleeding so I had an ultrasound last week and doc thought I was only 5 weeks. So again everyone was different. I wouldn't worry. Harder said than done!
  • I agree. Everyone is different. I wouldn't worry. According to americanpregnancy.org,
    Normal levels vary greatly. Here are the ranges for weeks five and six:

5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
    6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml

Your level is in between them. Relax.
    Hcg is looking good to me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"