Eco-Friendly Family
Options

car seat recs please

i have a Britax for our car. given scheduling issues this week, FIL will be picking up DS. ?i need to get a carseat for his car (he can't use ours). ?what is a good convertible car seat? ?i didn't research any others when i was preg b/c i knew i wanted the Britax. I can't afford that much $$ right now. ?

what do you use/like? TIA!!!!!?

Re: car seat recs please

• Options

We have the Evenflo Triumph.  It got just as good of ratings as the Britax and was at least $100 cheaper.  We love it.

Liz

• Options

I have a Cosco Scenera.  You can get it at Walmart, Kmart and Target for like $40.

I bought it because of great reviews on several sites, including carseat.org (maybe carsafe, I forget).  Anyhow.  I LOVE this seat.  It was easy to install (properly) and it's cheap.  IMO, you can't go wrong.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have the evenflo triumph and I pph it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAmandaHearn:

I have a Cosco Scenera.  You can get it at Walmart, Kmart and Target for like $40.

I bought it because of great reviews on several sites, including carseat.org (maybe carsafe, I forget).  Anyhow.  I LOVE this seat.  It was easy to install (properly) and it's cheap.  IMO, you can't go wrong.

This is the best seat in the under $100 category. It can be difficult in some cars to install RF, though, without a pool noodle. 

The evenflo triumph advance is good for a bit more money. 

• Options
    Is it short term? ?We have a place to rent from. ?That might work better.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

imageluvlieK:
    Is it short term? ?We have a place to rent from. ?That might work better.

we will eventually need 2. ?we are getting a nanny/sitter who will eventually be driving with DS, so we figured we'd just buy another. i dind't know it would be this soon though. i was hoping to wait until the next Britax sale (i'm crazy like that and like things to "match")?

• Options
    Ditto the Cosco Scenara - we got it as an extra seat to have "just in case" and we have pool noodles all set to go that we keep with it to help with the install if it's harder. For the price, it gets great ratings and was worth the $60 or so to have it since DD is with so many more people now and we'd want them to have a seat if they needed to pick her up and take her somewhere and one of our cars isn't available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"