December 2014 Moms

Mattresses help

FTM here and I was wondering what baby mattresses any of you recommend. We got our crib up and have been looking around but don't really know exactly what were looking at and what the difference is.

Re: Mattresses help

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I used the Colgate Classica III foam mattress with both of my kids and loved it. It has an infant side and a toddler side, and its very lightweight 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Last time we bought one of the Colgate Classica mattresses. This time we will be buying a Naturepedic Organic mattress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We ordered an organic Naturepedic mattress off of Amazon. It was more expensive but the idea of a mattress "off-gasing" while the baby was sleeping on it really bothered me.
  • That's actually something I've been confused about. What thickness is good? 3 or 5"?

The Naturepedic is 6 inches thick but it is a dual sided mattress (firmer "infant" side, and then cushiony "toddler" side).
  • I registered for the Sealy Baby Soybean Plush Foam Core Crib Mattress on Amazon. It is stain resistant, less chemicals, and waterproof.
  • We have a Serta mattress that we got for my first at Walmart. It has held up awesome and is super firm. Look at your crib manual. It might give required dimensions, but I am pretty sure the thickness doesn't really matter as long as it's firm.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"