December 2014 Moms

Car Seats and Strollers

I am trying to pick a car seat and I was between a Chicco KeyFit 30 and a Graco Snugride Click Connect.  I am leaning more towards the Chicco because I heard the Graco is larger and may not fit well in my small car. 

My sister suggested getting just a stroller frame kind of thing to use with the car seat because her stroller was very heavy and hard for her to deal with when the baby was still in the infant seat.  Did anyone do this?

Also, if I get the frame I was still thinking I should get a regular stroller so that if we are just walking around the neighborhood the baby doesn't need to be in the car seat.  Is this a good idea or silly?

This is my first and I am so overwhelmed so any suggestions would be appreciated! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Car Seats and Strollers

• Thank you for the links!  I am horrible with finding threads.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love my Chicco! If u go with that, I would look into the Chicco lite way plus. It is an umbrella stroller that can be used as an infant seat carrier. It is light weight and easily fits in the trunk of a small car.
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • abenson3 said:

Love my Chicco! If u go with that, I would look into the Chicco lite way plus. It is an umbrella stroller that can be used as an infant seat carrier. It is light weight and easily fits in the trunk of a small car.

This!!
  • Yes, I got a Snap and Go (or something like that!) and never regretted it! It was so nice to be able to take a sleeping baby from the carseat base and into the stroller without having to remove from the carseat!!
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just wanted to add that the liteway stroller is 50% off at 3 of the Targets near my house.  Might be near you too :)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • RaeChay said:
    Love my Chicco! If u go with that, I would look into the Chicco lite way plus. It is an umbrella stroller that can be used as an infant seat carrier. It is light weight and easily fits in the trunk of a small car.
    This!!
    This is my plan too.

Me too.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• We have the Chicco and a Baby Jogger City Mini. We have the car seat adaptor to use with the infant seat when we need it. Loved it for DS!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had the Chicco and just used a Snap and Go, which we loved. We also had a BOB stroller for walks and runs as she got older. We never had the need for a "regular" stroller until we went to Disney this year and got a Chicco Liteway.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"