December 2014 Moms

question about naming

Ok, so I know some people wait until they see the baby to name it, while others do it ahead of time. So if you do it ahead of time, at what point during the pregnancy is it normal to have decided? I see several of you have decided, and we have one we both like, but I'm scared to start telling people that's the name in case another comes up later.

Re: question about naming

• My parents were dead set on naming me Christine. They'd decided early on. The moment they saw me something changed in their minds. They said I looked like a Jennifer. It's never too late to change I guess
  • It's all about comfort level. DH and I have known our baby names for years so as soon as we announced we were pregnant we would tell people the names if they asked. We just announced the sex with the name on FB. Honestly we don't care what anyone thinks of our names so it is no big deal to announce them. My Grandma still doesn't like my 4 yr old DS's name and tells us every time she sees us, oh well! She got to name her 6 kids. These are mine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have always picked our names very shortly after we found out the sex. Once H and I agree, we start calling the baby by name for a bit and if it still sounds and feels right then we know for sure it's the one and will tell everyone.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • edited August 2014
    I'm set on the name from my baby at the moment. I stood by that name and I fell in love with it while I was pregnant with my son and every time someone asked about how the baby is I just stopped referring to my baby as baby and he became baby Aiden there in. so we knew what to name him when he was born. Now with my mom that's another story. She picked out a few names she liked before I was born so when I arrived she was dead set on that name. Until my grandmother decided "oh no that name is just not good enough" and long story short a few months later my name was changed. Weird, rare and totally bizarre mom I've got. Lol.
  • There is no "right" time or anything. It's different for all expectant parents. My eldest's name was chosen before she was conceived, and with my second, my ex-husband and I were set on her name by 13 weeks. I did change my mind at 30 weeks with my first son. He was Steven, and then I changed it to Duncan. With my second son, my mind was made up by the fourth month or so.

This time, we came to a decision around 11-12 weeks, right after I received my Harmony results. I don't foresee it changing. We're pretty set on her name.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• When I got pregnant with our son, we had names for either sex picked out with weeks of the positive test and stuck with the name we chose. This time, we actually had our girl's name set before we were even trying. A boy's name was more difficult to come by, but it turns out we didn't need it anyways.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Whenever you find the name that works for you. There is no time limit. My cousin always has such a hard time deciding. Her last pregnancy (with twins) she decided on names a day after having the babies. Don't feel pressured with time, you have it!
  • I think my problem is that I'm excited about the name we have and I want to tell people, but at the same time I'm worried we'll change our minds later.
  • We've had our names picked since soon after getting the BFP. We're Team Green so we techinically can't call the baby a specific name until we see it anyways. And I also want to have 1 or 2 back up names for each sex just in case we think our picked names don't match baby's personality/looks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RN536 said:

You can always keep the name a secret and then if you change your mind no one will know!

We're terrible with surprises, lol. Maybe we just need to stick to our guns because I was thinking of Having name decor also!
  • As soon as we can decide on a name I am planning on telling people if they ask. I am pretty dead set on one name once we decide and I don't think it will change though. Most of the people I know who have recently been pregnant have decided on a name and stuck with it early in their pregnancy. My brother however had a name picked out and once they seen my nephew they changed it.

So its really up to you :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"