December 2014 Moms

Fluff post, because I'm bored

For the married ladies, and those planning to exchange nuptials, did/will you have a traditional ceremony, elope, intimate/small ceremony, or go the destination wedding route?

And how did you meet your partner?

My now husband and I met online through OKCupid, and we chose to elope and have a handfasting. It was just the two of us, the officiant and the witness. We went with a retro theme. He definitely wasn't up for the traditional attire and affair, and wanted something more reserved.
G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

Re: Fluff post, because I'm bored

• Went to Vegas. Married and honeymooned there.

We met the day we graduated Navy boot camp just over 4 years ago :).

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • We met at a Stone Temple Pilots concert at Red Rocks in Colorado, and then got married there, at a chapel at the bottom of Red Rocks.  We had a reception in Downtown.  It was magical. 
    ;;)

• We had a traditional Catholic wedding and a big party reception. It was the best day ever!! I would do it all over again and that speaks volumes because we paid for it ourselves.

As for how we met- I was 40 sheets to the wind at a bar. Romantic fairy tale, right? ;)
  • We met the last day of my fire academy while I was going through the live burn evolutions. We barely spoke the entire day other than him giving me instructions while I was waiting to advance a hoseline into the actual burn room. That night he friended me on facebook (mutual friends from my class) and the rest is history. We got married in July in the same chapel my parents got married at and had our reception at the lake I grew up on. Very small, I think we had about 70 people there in total.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @kboyet we always joke that our bar romance is a fairy tale too! The crazy thing is his grandparents met at the same bar only it was a different name back then. She was white and he was Hispanic, just like us.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Oh man. The wedding lol. We had been trying to get married/planning a wedding off and on for about 4yrs. Between my college schedule, getting pregnant with an oops baby, and then my H's absolutely insane and unpredictable work schedule it just wasn't happening. We finally agreed to a courthouse wedding, after all by this time we had been together for a little over 8yrs, lived together for 6.5yrs, and had 2 kids. Well lo and behold, H's work schedule screwed us again and he was OOT for our scheduled date.

I posted a fb vent about being so incredibly done with it all and MIL freaked out and thought it meant I was leaving H lol. H was home the next weekend, and MIL got everything together for a small jop wedding at a local park lol. I didn't even know what time it was going to be until 9pm the night before. I literally just showed up. I loved it lol.

We met at a grocery store that I had just started working at when I was 16. He came in on my third day there and I remember going home and telling my mom about this really cute guy that came through my line. After that he came in every Sunday for about 3 months before he asked me for my number. It was soo funny because the day he came in was the day I had planned to ask him his name, since we had done nothing but flirt and small talk lol!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I met my husband online, too. I'm a book nerd, so I draw from and write in online roleplay forums for my favorite book series. He favorited one of my drawings on DeviantArt, and made a comment also. I invited him to come write with us fellow megafans, and the rest is history! ♡

We had a traditional wedding for our area. Little Methodist Church ceremony, with about 150 guests, and our reception at the VFW. C:
  • I met my husband online, too. I'm a book nerd, so I draw from and write in online roleplay forums for my favorite book series. He favorited one of my drawings on DeviantArt, and made a comment also. I invited him to come write with us fellow megafans, and the rest is history! ♡ We had a traditional wedding for our area. Little Methodist Church ceremony, with about 150 guests, and our reception at the VFW. C:
    Roleplay forums. Hehe. Made me think of MMORPG and online RPG games that I play when I should be doing other things. I get you on being a book nerd.

• We eloped! VEGAS!! Best day of my entire life. I love that it was just the two of us.

We met at church oddly. I was friends with his sister. That didn't end well, she was pissed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • DH and I met about 9 years ago. He lived two doors down from my sister at the time. We dated briefly, but went our seperate ways. We both had a lot of growing up to do and finding ourselves. Two and a half years ago I decided to try to connect with him on facebook. We met up and have been inseparable ever since! We always knew we would be together! :) we married just the two of us at the courthouse and didn't tell anyone until a few weeks later. We wanted it to be very intimate and it was! I wouldn't change a thing!
  • Hubby and I met 7 years ago on MySpace! !
    lol we eloped in Niagara Falls last year!
  • I am so glad there are other roleplay nerds here. I do tabletop, I do online roleplaying (on special servers run through Telnet clients called MUSHes or MUXes), I've done some forum roleplaying. And I DEFINITELY play MMOs and RPGs now - Guild Wars, Wildstar, Mass Effect, Fallout... I'm a geeeeeek. My friend and I were just setting up a new tabletop group today!

Ohh! What are some of your favorite tabletop games? Of course D&D is a favorite and classic for many gamers. Have you ever done LARP? I told DH that it would be super fun. I love Guild Wars 2! I used to play WoW, but it's been quite a while. Not since the latest expansion.

I play Neverwinter on occasion, and used to play Borderlands 2. I LOVE Torchlight 2. But I'm horrible when I get sucked into a game. I can spend hours playing. My 9 year old wants to get into MMOs with me. She used to play a kid MMO called Wizard 101. It's cute. But she likes WoW and Guild Wars 2. 

I'm still sad we didn't make it to ComicCon this year, but there's always next year. I went to DragonCon in '12 and had a blast. Loved it. Being around my kind of people! A bunch of nerds and geeks.

• We were "set up" by two other couples. His cousins. My friend was married to his cousin at the time. He knew it was a set up and I didn't so he was resistant because I was 22 and he was 30. Both were invited to a Halloween party in '07. At first look I said "you want me to talk to THAT GUY??" but I was smitten by the end of the night. We talked very sparsely until he was hit by a car that next Feb. Shattered tibia and fibula, so I came over with redbox movies once a week because hey, he couldn't run away ;) Became official by June. Five years later, on our anniversary he proposed. (June 2013) thought I wanted a big wedding until it came time to plan it/pay for it. Now we're just going to court with the parent shortly after the baby arrives :)
  • JRod13JRod13 member
    edited August 2014
    We met through my roommate. I was super not interested at the time, primarily because I had a serious boyfriend at the time that I'd been dating for two years. Well, that douche broke up with me, and when I got home, H was at my house waiting on my roommate. We hung out that night, and he was super cool, bought me ice cream, shit talked ol' dude, and blew my roommate off to make me feel better. A few days later, he asked me on a date, we went out....and I slutted out and slept with him on our first date. Glad that all worked out :P We got married 3 years later- super small 25 guest wedding and found out we were expecting DS right before our first anniversary.

Edited- my phone autocorrects the stupidest shit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I met my husband in high school(different schools) while "talking" to his best friend. There was always flirtation there so when things with his friend didn't move forward, we did instead!!

Nine years later we planned a Vegas wedding with family and our closest friends. It was my perfect wedding and I wouldn't have done it any other way!

19 years later(10 married) we are still going strong! It's crazy but after all these years, I figured the attraction and butterflies might fade and sometimes it has but we always come back strong. It's corny but he really is the love of my life.
  • Me and DH eloped :)

We met in high school and dated on and off throughout. Then I went off to college and he joined the Marine Corps. When he came home on leave, post deployment we got back together and did the long distance thing for a few months while I was still in school. When he flew me out to visit him, we ended up getting married. Told our families 3 months later! Hahhaha.
  • DH and I met on MySpace nine years ago. He was promoting his band by sending messages to people who liked bands/musicians with a sound similar to his. We were pen pals on and off for about two years. Through that time we were both seeing other people and living life. I was on a genealogy kick and discovered I had French Canadian roots going back 400 years. DH was the only Canadian I knew at the time, so I excitedly emailed him with the news. That struck up regular emails back and forth for about a month and then turned into loooong phone conversations almost every day. We decided to see if the chemistry we felt electronically translated to real life and DH hopped on a plane right before Christmas (crazy!). We spent 4 days together, then 7 months long distance, and the rest is history. :x

As for our wedding, our original plan was to get married in San Francisco with both sides of the family present. My parents were not supportive of our relationship (or me moving to Canada) however, so we settled for a simple civil ceremony in our living room with two witnesses. Capped the day off with a delicious meal at an Indian restaurant afterwards. :)

(Sorry for the novel!)
  • DH and I had a traditional Catholic wedding. We had about 100 guests and more than half were family. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. We had the most wonderful day.
  • We met 19 yrs ago in high school. Married after 2nd kid popped out 15 yrs ago in a small church in a sort of destination wedding in Kansas. Lol it was a small country church that I was dedicated in as an infant. Really quaint.
  • My H and I met on eHarmony :) We had been dating for 3 months when I got pregnant with our daughter (my oldest is from my first marriage) and we got married a year later.

Our wedding was perfect to me, we called my parents/siblings and his mother/brother the day before and told them where to show up and got married! I despise crowds and being looked at, any special attention on me in general pisses me off, lol! So our little ceremony (Methodist church, an old friend of mine married us) was perfect. And it was Christmas time, so it was already decorated beautifully!

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• We met in block classes our first day of college. We had about 100 people at an outdoor ceremony, his dad is a minister, so he married us. Our reception was at a local children's museum. Some parts were traditional, some weren't.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • amw0914 said:

We met through mutual friends almost 10 years ago. We broke up for 3 years while in college - I was engaged to a total d-bag for a year, ran back to my parents house, reconnected with DH, and eloped bc our families were driving us crazy with wedding preparations.

This is almost an identical story to me and my DH!!

We went to middle school and high school together. We dated in high school, broke up before college. We both randomly transferred into the same college during our second year and then ended up in classes together. We dated, broke up. I got engaged to a total ass. Broke the engagement and moved home. My DH was actually working for my dad at that time and we ran into each other. We were married three months later. :)
  • @alissendis‌ & @aeonlux‌ You are my new bump crushes. Husband plays games and I watch. We are almost finished with ME3. We are afraid to keep going. LOL The husbear participates in all of the above. And we write to a board based off Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy. Amazing books. Amazing world to play in.
  • DH and my wedding was traditional catholic, but not a full mass and a nice reception at this surprisingly reasonably priced country club with views of NYC. It was absolutely amazing and the best day of my life.

We met at a bar on a Tuesday night lolol I had just graduated from college and wasn't looking for a relationship lol neither was he. One year later he proposed and a year after that we were married :)

Oh! And we moved in with each other after dating for 3 months. Bam! Lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • DH and I met on an online Christian dating website. We got engaged and married quickly. I really wanted a destination wedding but he was the one who wanted the traditional ceremony. I caved and that's what we did.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • We met 12 years ago in our sophomore year of high school. Then we started dating at the end of senior year. We have been together for 10 years and married for 3. We had a destination weddingmoon (wedding and honeymoon) in Jamaica with only my sister and her husband as witnesses. It was perfect.

image      BabyFruit Ticker

• We had a big wedding, ceremony and reception, at a nice hotel. It was the best day of my life :-)

We met when we were only ten years old. We lived two streets away from each other, but officially met at a roller skating rink. I was instantly in love! We were friends, then started dating at 15. Finally got married at 26. He truly is my best friend and the love of my life!!
    Me (32) + DH (31)
    DS = 12/2/2014
    Started TTC #2 = 7/2019

BabyFetus Ticker

• DH and I met in college. We've been married for 9 years and together for almost 14. We had a smaller wedding with about 80 people, mostly family and close friends. I loved our wedding!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We met at my church when we were 16 and 17 (I say *my* church because I'd been going there my whole life and he was new). Took us 9 months to even speak to each other! ;-) Got married when we were 20 and 21 at the same church, maybe 100 people at the most? It was perfect! It will be 8 years in October. :-)
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We met at work and were friends first. I had planned a day to float down a spring fed river in Florida with a bunch of friends, everyone bailed and only DH showed up. 5 hours of talking/floating down the river and we've been together ever since.

Our wedding was ginormous and so much fun. We got married at my family's church in southern Ohio and had a big crazy reception in a barn at my dads farm. Best day ever. Our 1st anniversary is at the end of the month!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"