December 2014 Moms

Update: Banging head on wall... Vent-long

Jessie333Jessie333 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
During my last Dr appt on July 25th, I spoke to my dr about being referred to the same maternity clinic I went to for DD. She said they would send out my referral that day. The following week I get a call from my dr office saying that they sent my referral to *hospital name *and they are full so I won't be able to deliver there and will have to go to *old hospital name*. It took me 5 minutes to get from the lady that they had sent my referral to an ob at the new hospital and when they were told they were full, they sent it to the ob at the old hospital. I told her I wanted to go to the maternity clinic I went to last time. The one that literally shares a parking lot with my Dr's office. She said she would get it straightened out and sent to the proper place.
I called back the next day to check that everything was worked out. The receptionist said that the only note on my file was that the nurse had called the clinic at the old hospital to make sure they got my referral.... A manager called me back saying that the Dr had filled out the referral form for the wrong clinic. She said she would get her to fill out the correct one when she was back after the weekend. It has been a week since my previous appointment at this point..
I get a call from the manager on Tuesday that the proper referral form had been sent and that the maternity clinic should call me in the next few days and set up an appointment. She called and confirmed they received the referral. She also said that the ob at the old clinic called with an appointment for me and I had to call and cancel it.
Fast forward to today. I still haven't heard from the maternity clinic so I decided to call. I spoke with a receptionist and he said they had not received a referral for me.... He told me to call back at 2 and do a self referral. I'm just so frustrating at this point. I know I should call my dr and see what happened, but in am just past the point of wanting to talk to them.

Uodate: I called the maternity clinic like they said to at 2. The girl was at lunch still so they asked me to call back in 30 Minutes. When I spoke to the lady, she said that they are full for December so I can't go there. I am so incredibly upset. I did everything my dr asked me to, went to all of my appointments, and now nobody will take me because they don't have space. I called my Dr's office and they said they don't know why the clinic didn't receive my referral, and she would call to see what happened there. Not that it matters anymore now. She said she will speak to my dr and see what to do. Now I wait for another phone call from them.

Update 2: got call back from nurse. They are going to try to get me back into the palace at the old hospital. Then she hung up on me... I'm so over today...
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Update: Banging head on wall... Vent-long

• Ugh, that's so frustrating! Sorry they're jerking you around :( But chin up, it will work out in the end. You got this girl!
  • bowlwomanbowlwoman member
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this crap. One or two mistakes, maybe. But this is turning into a comedy of errors. Now that you're taking this in hand, you'll probably get it straigtened out in no time.

My OB only delivers at one hospital, the one a block and a half from his office. At first it irked me with DD1 that I didn't get a choice, but honestly, I'm fine with it now (plus I won't have to deal with missing paperwork). DD1 and DD2 were both born there (in the same room actually!), and that's where this little guy will be born as well. Because I'm high risk I really don't feel comfortable outside a hospital setting these days, although part of me thinks it would be nice to have a choice.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get room 4 again so all three kids will come into the world at the same place. 
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • :(  I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope this all gets figured out for you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"