December 2014 Moms

Is Anyone Else...

2bwritten2bwritten member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
...having the "third trimester is right around the corner and I haven't done a dang thing yet" panic attack? I've made 4 different types of to-do lists and a calendar in the last hour to itemize what needs to be done at what time because every time I remember something I need to do, I'm either already late in doing it or I immediately forget about it to chase another squirrel!! Once September hits we get crazy busy and I can't shake the constant feeling that I'm going to wake up one day and realize it's already November and I'm out of time :|

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is Anyone Else...

• Um YES! I just received a sleeper I ordered online yesterday and realized it is the ONLY thing I have purchased or even attempted to prepare for this LO. I realized that I only have 14 weeks left and that's not very much time. Tonight I'm going to figure out how to turn DS' crib into the toddler bed which I suppose is a step in the right direction. Life is hard when DH is away!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• We gave away everything my 1yr old wasn't using when we thought we were 2 and done. So I have a good bit of stuff I need to replace. I have only ordered a new minion hat and a boppy pillow. I know it's going to sneak up on me, but I am taking comfort in knowing they don't really need a lot as newbs. It will get done eventually lol.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. This is how I feel exactly. I have done and bought nothing. I feel so behind and everyone keeps saying Oh, you have plenty of time! But I can't shake the feeling that my "plenty of time" isn't going to last as long as I need it to.
  • I'm getting so nervous as well. The room we are using is still full of junk and I'm not sure what to do with it all. We have next to nothing ready. Plus I have school stuff I need to focus on and work on this month. Gaaaah, I want my baby right now but also not for another year. Kills me!
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Remember, all baby needs is a safe place to sleep and warm clothes and food. You'll be fine. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Our A/S is on Tuesday, we're waiting to see LO's sex parts. Also my SD has been occupying the guest room for the summer so as soon as she leaves for college (August 22nd), I'll really start putting the petal to the metal!
  • As I read this post a list of everything I haven't done flashed through my mind. My child room is still the "computer/game room". Haven't ordered anything and STILL don't know what the baby's gender is!! 18 weeks left I need to kick into gear. Like now, but instead I'll post a few things, like a few things and then start worrying. Haha :P
  • YES! I had a panic attack and good cry about this last week, with DH thankfully there to calm me down. He knows me well--- got out a whiteboard and marker and made us a month-by-month to do list, and sure enough, when all the things are spread out over time and broken down like that, it felt a lot less overwhelming. I still feel a little anxious from time to time and I'm sure you will too, but don't---it will all get done!!!
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm right there with you! We have a crib and I just got a package from my mom with all of the onesies in the world (sorry to everyone else that needs to clothe their children). But, I still don't have the rest of the stuff! We are driving to Phoenix this weekend to do some real baby shopping and get started on the list. I don't want to wait until my shower. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't believe we are getting to the point where it's time to freak out about being ready!! It seems like only yesterday that people were posting pics of their BFPs!! :x We have the nursery pretty much prepared, but haven't registered or purchased anything else! Yikes! We are first timers so we need to get on it!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @amw0914‌ I am so kicking myself for getting rid of everything lol especially our mamaroo swing. Ugh. We are pretty sure after this one we are for real real done, but H and I have agreed that we aren't getting rid of anything till this one is like 3. If we make it till then being 3 and done, we are done, done lol.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I've bought baby clothes and that's it. I have no big ticket items and no idea when or how we're going to be able to take care of that stuff. 

I'm fully stressing about Christmas though. I have always been a last minute Christmas shopper, mostly due to money, but we just can't wait until the last minute to take care of Christmas for the rest of the family. 
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    Hehe. I've purchased a stuffed bunny... that's it. Oh, and DH is at BRU buying me a Snoogle.

So, we've done jack squat. But, that's how I roll, apparently. I am a huge, ginormous, procrastinator. I didn't begin shopping last time until 28 weeks, and I had to buy stuff from scratch. I waited until after 32 weeks to buy stuff with my first because I wanted to wait until after my showers.

It will be pretty stressful, though, with back to back birthdays, holiday and baby shopping. Good gods.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• What's a Snoogle? 

I mean...I'm going to Google the Snoogle, but still...what is it and why do I need one?
  • I have a nursery that hasn't been touched but I'm not really freaking yet. The carpet needs to be replaced and the walls painted but overall, most everything can be done in a couple weeks time. Once the big stuff is out of the way, it's just spending the $$ to get all the stuff and we are done.
  • Every day. This heartburn isn't only caused by pregnancy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so happy I'm not alone.
  • I'll be panicking once we get moved. Right now all I am freaking out about is getting all our crap boxed up and moved next month (and having random dreams that the day we go to close on the new house we get turned down by the bank and have to live with my parents...)

Once we get into the new house I'll be in full on crazy mode. Unpacking, fixing drywall in the kids bedrooms (everyone will be in the master bedroom until then...) and general adjusting. Ugh.  

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"