Trying to Get Pregnant

a little TCOYF help plz? Coverline Q

So, I was like 1 out of 7 ladies waiting to check out the TCOYF book at the library. When my turn came I had to scramble through it and turn it back in.
I kept hoping for a little more clarification regarding the cover-line and the 6 days you highlight before that, but never found it in the book. Maybe I didn't read it through as clearly as I should have, I felt rushed.. Please tell me if my brain is understanding this correctly:

You wait for the thermal shift indicating O. after you record a temp that jumps higher than before you count back 6 temps and draw your coverline one # above the highest of those numbers. Those 6 days prior to the jump are your fertile days and you need to have been monitoring your cm prior to know whether or not you should avoid/attack ;) what is the point of highlighting them? just to know in retrospect that they were fertile days? And what does drawing the coverline actually do for me after I determine O? is it to help me identify if I have a drop in temp indicating my period or consistently above cover line to show pregnancy? The TCOYF site was not as helpful as i had hoped for this Q. So I am asking you ladies.

I feel like I need to have a few cycles charted really well before I give this a go.
TIA!

Re: a little TCOYF help plz? Coverline Q

• oooh k. I was wondering how to do it online with out paying for their software. OK Thanks, heading over to FF now!~
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, reading TCOYF allowed me to understand the science of charting. FF does all the work for me so I do not have to second guess. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • FF has a free app for your phone. There is a VIP you can pay for but I've got the free one and I've see a lot of others say they have it too.
    May '15 Bitter Snatch
  • The coverline doesn't actually mean anything, it's a visual to help you see a shift after O and again when AF approaches. Definitely use FF, it's free, and you will learn about charting as you enter info and play on the website. Good luck!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"