April 2013 Moms
Options

16 month old and trouble TTC!!

My LO is almost 16 months (4/2013 baby). My husband and I have never "prevented" any pregnancy since having him, and were just going with the flow and allowing things to happen naturally. I breastfed exclusively until 12 months, and weaned him to whole milk. I have had 3 periods since having him. First one was 10.5 months PP, 2nd one was 12.5 months PP and the 3rd one was 14 months PP. I have not had a period since 6/9/14. The 2nd and 3rd period were only 5.5 weeks apart...so I THOUGHT my periods were starting to regulate, but clearly they are not as it had been 2 months. Of course I have taken multiple pregnancy tests. I went to my OBGYN last week for my annual and told her my concerns. She told me to wait 6 more months (January), and if my body had not regulated itself by then she would put me on a medicine to make me have periods, thus making me hopefully ovulate. I am worried that I will have trouble getting pregnant and was hoping this would be easy. With my first I got pregnant the 1st month off the pill. Is it normal for your 2nd time TTC to be this irregular and difficult? I hate to stress and worry about it, but I can't help it. We would like our kids close in age and I just seeing the days go by still waiting for Aunt Flow to make her appearance. 

Re: 16 month old and trouble TTC!!

• Options
    I'm sure you're just ovulating (if you're even ovulating yet) at different times making it more difficult to know when to try. You could try temping and checking cervical mucous. Fertility friend has a lot of info if you have no idea on how to do it and what you're looking for. Or trying herbal supplements such as Vitex may help your cycle and hormones level out. Sorry you're feeling discouraged. I'm right there with you as we have had 2 losses since February following an easy time getting pregnant with Will and an uneventful pregnancy. Hang in there and good luck!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    No advice but I'm in the same boat. We stopped preventing last August and after a year I'm still not pregnant. I have regular periods and have also been using ovulation tests. But I do have Endometriosis which could be my issue. Just so hard when I got pregnant with Cam so easy!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nahwnahw member
    I have a Camden too
  • Options

No advice but I'm in the same boat. We stopped preventing last August and after a year I'm still not pregnant. I have regular periods and have also been using ovulation tests. But I do have Endometriosis which could be my issue. Just so hard when I got pregnant with Cam so easy!!
    Same story here :(  We stopped preventing last September hoping for babies close in age.  I EBF and didn't start ovulating until my LO was about 11 months.  But we have been actively trying since and no luck :(  It took us a long time to get pregnant with DD and I was hoping it would be easier this time around. I am getting very discouraged :/
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation, still breastfeeding my 16 month old 2-3 x day, AF returned about 5 months ago. Tracking my cycles, using ovulation strips & observing my body has really opened my eyes to what my body is doing and how it's returning to a more regulated state. I recommend doing those things. I know it's hard not to be discouraged every month, but try and give your body time to regulate itself. Some days I get frustrated, esp since getting pregnant the first time took no effort. But like pp's said every time can be completely different. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"