December 2014 Moms

Body pillows...need help!

I am starting to get really uncomfortable and restless in bed, not to mention my hips are killing me...so I think it's time for a body pillow. I was wondering which body pillows any of you recommend that I could get a reasonable price

Re: Body pillows...need help!

• One of my friends who is a nurse swears up and down by the Boppy 'S' shaped pillow. She said it's the only way she can sleep. We bought some new king size pillows a few weeks ago and I have found that I am perfectly fine snuggling with that at night. I get so hot that I don't need the comforter so I roll my side of the blankets up like a burrito and stick it between my legs. We will see how long this lasts! 
  • I just use a regular $10 body pillow from Target. It works great. I used it before getting pregnant and didn't feel like I needed anything more during my first pregnancy. So far so good with this one as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Snoogle and a regular old $10 body pillow from Target.  I use the $10 standard body pillow much more than I use the Snoogle. 
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• I have a boppy that my friend have me. It's a little old, but I love it!
  • I like the snoogle because it wraps around your neck too. I often sleep with my back to the long side- it helps keep me from rolling onto my back - and then wrap the ends around my neck and through my legs from the back. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just bought a snoogle and slept with it for the first time last night. It was the most comfortable night of sleep I have had this entire pregnancy! I have to have something along my backs and to support my neck and this worked great for that. In comparison to all of the other pillows I was using to get comfortable it takes up less room. Hubby is gone with the military so I don't know yet how it'll be with both of us in bed but I woke up in the same spot which never happens so I am hoping it's good!
  • 2JEL2JEL member
    I am one of the many people who bought a special pillow (in my case preggle) and used it for a few days before deciding I was better off just using standard/king size pillows on each side of me to cuddle/bolster as needed. 

As Halsing said, I found the preggle was too difficult to rotate from side to side as I turned in the night.  I also felt it was so fluffy it didn't really allow for stomach support.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• I love my snoogle and hate when I can't sleep with it, aka vacation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the $10 Target body pillow but I find it's a little big. it works ok but I always wake up and toss and turn and then can't fall back asleep :(
  • Snoogle, worth the $ best sleep ever, even when u roll over it curves around
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been hugging a pillow and sometimes putting one between my knees too. So far it's worked well but I'm also really trying to avoid those huge pillows just because it would leave no room for DH in bed! I saw pregnancy pillows on Zulily today for half off or so. They're still spendy in my book, but that might be just because I don't want one.
  • I've been using a snoogle for weeks now and I love it! It hasn't flattenedand has kept its shape well. We do have a king size bed. Not sure how it would do with a queen or full bed.
  • I have a regular body pillow from Target too and so far it's been great. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • I had a snoogle for my first two pregnancies and I hated having to pull it over when I switched sides.  This is the greatest pillow ever though: https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Belly-Contoured-Pillow-Ivory/dp/B0002E7DIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407467679&sr=8-2&keywords=pregnancy+pillow
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Don't waste the money like I did. I bought the Snoogle compact version because of a recommendation and it's hard/stiff and incredibly warm. I move around so much I end up kicking it out of bed and using a regular pillow between my knees and ankles. Much much better and easier to maneuver. I'll have a ceremonial burning of the Snoogle once I can stay up late enough to enjoy a bonfire.
  • I have a snoogle and hate it!!! I can't seem to get comfortable with it. A regular old body pillow works better for me.

BFP1- 2/21/2013- L was born 10/25/2013!
    BFP2- 4/18/2014- F was born 12/29/2014! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"