LGBT Parenting

Wellness Wednesday

How is the journey toward your health and wellness goal(s) going? Any specific accomplishments or challenges this week?

QOTD:  Favorite healthy food?  Favorite treat? Share recipes if you have them :-)

Re: Wellness Wednesday

• So... I had a great week+ where I worked out at the gym nearly every day.  But this last week I have yet to go.  My parents are in town - but still I think thats more of an excuse.  My goal is to go today and to get back into go more regularly.  It so easy for the days to slip by and all of a sudden I haven't worked out in 4-5 days.  
    I used to be a strict eater and consumed 800-1200 calories per day in order to lose weight, etc. That meant eating mostly veggies which was great. Unfortunately it seems my willpower for extreme dieting has been left in the dust. Also I know as a breastfeeding mom I have to eat more regularly.  My problem is I'll go half the day with only a protein shake and end up starving and eat chocolate or crackers or a string cheese.  I'm not sure how to change this pattern.  I keep telling myself to eat when Kaden does but inevitably I get too busy, forget to eat an then make bad choices.  
    My goals for the next week are to go to the gym 5 times in 7 days and to track my food so I can get a sense of what I'm eating and how many calories over the course of a day.

QOTD:  My favorite healthy food is a basic salad (usually romaine or a spring mix, with carrots, tomato, avocado and maybe cheese. I also like shitake dressing or just salt and pepper. I also love plain chicken breast cold with ketchup (Yup - I've started eating like a toddler myself ;-)

My favorite treat is ice cream or frozen yogurt (with lots of chocolate toppings, fudge, etc.)
  • Hi!

I'm doing really well, working towards healthy!

Good things: no alcohol, low sugar, no dessert, working out a teeny bit, drinking more water.

I'm trying to make better choices bit by bit, choosing a smaller portion or slightly healthier option throughout the day. I think I'm seeing a small weight gain, but need to kick my metabolism and muscle mass up a little bit to really make the scale move. 100 push-ups app here I come!

Favorite healthy snack? Avocado with salt and pepper! So delicious!

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Loading the player...
  • rkborkbo member
    For the most part I wouldn't consider myself a "healthy" person. I definitely eat more than my portion of crap food. Before our TTC process started my only exercise was playing hockey, which I miss so much. 

One thing that I would say that has been a life saver for me in the BM dept, since I'm 22 weeks now and constipated as all get out is the NUTRIBULLET! One of these in the morning and I am a happy bm'er LOL  (sorry, TMI?!)

I fill half of it with raw spinach and the top half with frozen fruit. I usually have on hand strawberries, pineapple, peaches, blueberries, etc. I hate spinach, but in this blended drink I can't taste it at all. You are normally supposed to add water to it, but I instead add apple juice because it gives it the sweetness that I like. I used to add water and one sweet n low, but a friend of mine told me how apple juice makes her "go", so I gave it a try in my smoothie and its perfect! I usually only use frozen fruit because it makes it more of a frozen smoothie and I can take my time drinking it. 

QOTD: Fav healthy would have to be my nutribullet. Favorite treat is definitely Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream from Baskin Robbins. I am not a fan of the brands you get in the grocery store because the chocolate chunks are too big. I like the shaved chocolate bits from Baskin Robbins. (Thrifty is equally as good, but just not as easily accessible anymore)

Happy Hump Day! 
  • Aside for my love of coffee I have always lived a very active lifestyle with healthy eating habits. 
    Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Since starting our TTC journey I have been working to lessen my coffee intake substantially and so far the switch to tea hasn't been bad.  I have gone from drinking anywhere from four to six cups per days to one.

QOTD: I second love for my nutrabullet and have been loving the green shakes my wife has been making us each morning. 

The recipe is 2 cups of power greens (we use the brand Taylor Organic), 1/4 banana, 6 grapes, 2 roughly 2-inch pieces of canteloupe, coconut milk and 1/4 cup of blueberries.  She recently made one for us in the evening for dessert by adding a few squares of dark chocolate.  We do not actually measure the fruit so this is my best estimate based on how we make it.  It has a very green taste so if you are not into that flavor I would suggest adapting the recipe to your own taste by adding more fruit. 

"S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • @rkbo & @sdfonz619 - thanks for the smoothie recipes - we love them here in our house too. Its one of the only ways I can get Kaden to eat leafy greens these days.  I usually add coconut oil and chia seeds too.  And in Kadens I add the contents of a probiotic capsule, omegas and vitamin d.  He only gets the extra vitamins a couple/few times a week because otherwise it would be too much.

I'm going to try your recipes! :-)
  • I haven't been as active as I should be.

But now that DW is home, I know she will get me out more often.  She's been reading everything she can about being pregnant and what you should and shouldn't do.  I know she's looking out for my and babies best interests, but she's going to drive me a little crazy.  :P

One good thing is that I know she will be cooking us healthy meals, and that's what I need more than anything right now.  I'm just not motivated to cook, so she will take care of that.

QOTD: I love hummus and pretzels.

I'm 35, DW is 33
    Together since Dec 2007
    Married since 18 June 2011

TTC #1
    1st IUI - trigger, 9 July 14 at midnight, IUI - 11 July 14 at noon - BFP!!
    10 Dec 14 - Lost our Baby Girl to Hydrops & Cycstic Hygroma due to Turner Syndrome
    TTC #2
    2nd IUI - hoping to try for our Rainbow in the Spring
  • After several weeks of slacking on going to work out... My mom and I are trying to be better about going to work out everyday (M-F... We take the weekends off) and along with that I need to start watching my calories again... I was doing really well counting calories and it was nice because I could eat whatever as long as I portioned myself and stayed under my calories.... But I haven't been doing well with that either...

So right now my goal is to keep up the work outs and restart counting calories....

My favorite healthy food is just a salad. Lettuce cucumber carrots (anything except onions and green peppers!) I could eat a salad everyday and not get sick of it.... My favorite treat to myself is ice cream. I'm a sucker for ice cream!
  • JGYJGY member

Well, I haven't gotten any better about finding/making time to work out, but I did sign up for a our company's 10K-a-day steps challenge thingy.  I find it a bit ridiculous for me, but I've been quickly put in my place at the realization that I don't just naturally "Get" that many steps in per day.  And because I'm ridiculously competitive, this found me doing laps around our tiny living room last night at 10pm right before bed.  I'm stoooopid. 

Anyway, I think the thing I like the most about this challenge and the fitbit that I got to count my steps, etc, is that I have the bonus that it also tracks my sleep and allows me to input my water intake.  I'm sooo much better about drinking water when I'm actually tracking it.  And I'm a much healthier person when I'm well-hydrated.

QOTD:  Fortunately for me, I LOVE healthy food.  I just do.  It's what I crave most of the time.  Saturday evening we had grilled pork tenderloin, roasted sweet potato with fresh thyme, crushed red pepper, and garlic, and sauteed summer squash with fresh oregano and feta.  I'll take that meal any time.  Sunday we had grilled cedar plank salmon, sauteed sesame kale, and brown rice.  Favorite treat ... when I've had a particularly hard day, I do love to order pizza.  Also I think alcohol is a treat, but I don't consume it that way.  I should.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"