December 2014 Moms

NBR: Whiny Rant - That moment when...

...you come home from work at 7:30pm and your AC has quit working.  Your Mr. Fix It husband is out of the state for work, and your landlord is out of the country.  And you live on a swamp (anyone who knows DC in August knows what I am talking about!).

Ugh.  The rational part of me knows this is a total first world problem and that there are plenty of women not fortunate enough to have shelter with central air.  The pregnant part of me is about to lose my mind.  I called a repair service and while they could not come last night, I'm anticipating them between 8:30am-10am today.  Of course, I was scheduled to lead a big meeting at 9am that some of my association's leadership who flew into town for this very meeting... so it's not been a good day!  I'm very careful about pulling the pregnancy card at work, but fortunately everyone seems to be understanding that a pregnant woman in August needs her AC.  

Ok, End rant.  
BFP on 4.3.2014
EDD 12.10.2014
DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

Re: NBR: Whiny Rant - That moment when...

• Oh no, that sounds like a bad situation! I live in TX, so I understand the need for AC. Hoping that the repair service gets it fixed today! Sounds like your work was understanding - try not to stress :)

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• I lived in DC for ten years and the only thing I don't miss is the summer heat. Yuck! 

I hope it gets fixed soon, and you can be back at work and pop in for the end of the meeting. 

Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope it gets fixed soon! We live in Florida and my cousin was down from Ohio when ours went out, she laughed at the fact that the complex considers it an "emergency situation" and fixed it in the middle of the night. In some places it is! I totally feel your pain, hoping for a cooler evening and good nights sleep for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"