December 2014 Moms

Anyone having trouble eating meat?

I'm seeing my dr on Thurdsay so I'm going to bring this up at my appt, just wondering if anyone is having the same problem. I'm having a really hard time eating meat. I am not the biggest meat eater to begin with but it's much worse with this pregnancy. I make myself a portion of whatever meat were having for dinner and I take one bite and I can't eat anymore, I just eat my side veggies and call it good. My appetite is really low with this pregnancy, but I'm eating a lot of fruits veggies and whole grains. I haven't gained any weight and im 20 weeks but at my last appt I asked my dr if I should be worried and he said I'm totally healthy it'll catch up with me 3rd tri. I'm just wondering if I should be taking a protein supplement of some sort, which I'll ask at my appt. anyone else have this problem and found a soliton/talked to your dr about it? Thanks ladies!

Re: Anyone having trouble eating meat?

• I can do chicken and tuna sometimes, but no beef right now. It grosses me out! I think the issue is iron and protein. Are you taking a PNV? My OB gave me list of foods that are high in iron and protein for me to pick from. Happy eating!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm trying to stay away from meat cuz it's clogging me up and I love fruit but can't seem to eat veggies. I was a big veggies person before.

You can get your protein in dairy products like cheese, yogurt and eggs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had issues with meat/chicken during my first trimester.  If you are concerned about protein there are other non-meat based sources that you can use (quinoa, beans, etc).  Are you able to do fish?  What about adding some yogurt into a smoothie for some protein?

Test
  • Some people think that's your body's way of getting your protein in a healthier way. Like the pp said you can get a lot of protein very easily from other sources!
  • The only meat I've really been able to eat is fried chicken. But I'm okay with that. I had forgotten how much I loved being a vegetarian. This week I made vegetarian chili and my own refried beans that I've been making quesedillas with. My doctor hasn't been worried since everything is measuring where it should and my diet is healthy. I have yet to gain any weight, either... but they won't worry about it unless my fundal measurement starts falling behind.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I couldn't eat beef my whole first pregnancy. Now I can eat if, but only when I want it. It makes it hard to meal plan since I don't know how meat will sound on a certain day. Shrimp has been a craving though. And fish. I think as long as you're healthy, you'll be fine. Check out vegetarian cookbooks and websites to get some good ideas for getting that protein in.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yes. Me, too. Like you I'm not a big meat eater to begin with. I think I've posted a couple of threads (one was about too much soy) where I got a lot of great advice on alternates. Hopefully your doctor will have some good advice for you, too.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Omg I swear this was me with my first! Meat just made me feel nauseous all together. As time went on towards the end of my pregnancy I was able to eat a lot more but I still couldn't eat a whole steak like I did before being pregnant. Try eating small pieces. It helped.
  • Yep I've had a horrible meat aversion this entire pregnancy.  I try to eat at least a little chicken every few days or so, but on other days I try to make sure I get enough protein from other sources like eggs or beans.  I was never a vegetarian before so I'm learning as I go trying to balance my diet with alternatives.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love beans so I have been eating a lot of them especially in the first trimester. I am just now eating meat. I got protein from shakes and chocolate milk! I can just now eat yogurt again too so that helps.
  • I have been having a hard time with meat for months. I make protein shakes. I blend protein powder with fruit an milk and it tastes good. I have only gained about 5 lbs at 19 weeks. I asked about this at my 17 week appointment- my OB said don't worry you will gain weight.  My appetite just isn't there. GL  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • I have not been able to eat much chicken this pregnancy, I just cannot seem to bring myself to put it into my mouth.  However, I am eating tons of pork and beef.  Probably too much. 

• I had issues with grilled chicken late 1st tri/early 2nd but now I'm starting to come around. We are big chicken eaters and this has been hard for DH.
  • Is it weird I'm getting hungry now? Especially baked beans on toast @slaps...why did you have to say that!?!!?!?!

I'm not a big meat eater, esp right now. I can eat hamburgers but I loathe chicken unless I'm out having Chinese. Forget fish and I'm a bit freaked out by tuna/mercury/etc.
  • Being able to tolerate meat comes and goes for me but what I found surprising is my complete aversion to dairy. I don't even like milk in my cereal right now and I used to eat so much cheese but since the second trimester it makes me feel gross. I switched to Almond milk to get extra calcium and I haven't had any issues with that. I'm on my way to being an accidental vegan.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very normal! Happens to me when I am pregnant as well. Last time I was fine by 3rd tri though. Maybe you will too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yea! Same here...I can't even think about meat. The only meat I can eat is hamburger meat. When I pass by BBQ places it gives me a headache!
  • I've had a problem eating meat up until recently. I really only eat chicken. problem is I'm not a big veggie eater either! I haven't gained much weight but the dr has not mentioned anything yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"