December 2014 Moms

As you grow farther along, does baby move less?

I am very use to my baby moving all day or for long periods of time through out the day. These past few days have been quiet so to speak. The moves are a few kicks maybe twice through out the day now. Is that normal?

Answers

• I was told it would increase at around 28 weeks and until then it wouldn't be as consistent.  However, I'm a FTM so I don't have any first hand knowledge.  If it's worrying you, I would call your Dr.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    They have their own resting periods, which is roughly 12-16 hours a day. Movement is supposed to pick up and become more consistent between 24-28 weeks, but they still have periods where they're not super active. It really depends on the baby.

But if you're worried about a lack of movement after a little while, you should call your caregiver to ease your worries.

Movement shouldn't decrease significantly. It's common to notice a decrease after 36+ weeks when they take up much more space, but not decrease so much that you're feeling very little or no movement. That's when I would be concerned.

At this point, I feel strong movement a lot throughout the day, and she's consistent. I begin kick counts next week at 24 weeks. If movement decreased enough to cause worry, I'd use my doppler.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Loading the player...
  • I could feel my first from about 18 weeks until the day I went to the hospital.  It was fairly consistent after about 24 weeks.  There were times near the end when he would change position and I could feel most of the movement it took to do that. It felt so strange.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • They will keep moving and it gets painful at the end because they are really squished in there. I personally like the 3rd tri jabs more though. Just not the last 2 weeks of ouch quit changing positions!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Could it be just that your baby is starting to fall into a sleep/wake cycle? Mine was random until pretty recently where I started to notice that during the afternoon he is usually asleep/not moving but at night he has some sort of crazy rave party involving a trampoline. I think it's pretty normal for them to settle into a pattern. If you are worried though, talk to your doctor and see what they say.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little one moves a lot. This is my second baby but most of the day baby is sleeping. I usually only feel this one when I'm laying down or watching tv. With my first I felt little flutters then kicks and jabs much later on in my pregnancy. If it's something that really concerns you then I would suggest you contact your healthcare professional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"