December 2014 Moms

Red Spotting. *UPDATED*

beachy6beachy6 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms

Before I start, I've called my doctor. Twice. But, I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else because it has me freaking the hell out.

Yesterday, I was at a cookout with my family and we were playing a goofy ass adult game of "keep it up" but from chairs. Long story. A lot of older people. They had been drinking. They're crazy. I was quite the active participant, but I didn't think that I overdid it. I was in a freaking chair for goodness sakes.

Well, during one of my bathroom breaks, there was red spotting on my panty liner. It filled up about 1/3 of the liner, in case you wanted more detail, and I'm sure you did. :)

I called the on-call doctor when we left (right after I saw it) and she said that if it gets heavier, go to the ER. Otherwise, it's fine. There was absolutely no more bleeding and no cramping. Honestly, even when I wiped, there was nothing on the tp.

Because this pregnancy has turned me into a huge worrier, I called my doctor's office this morning and they said they weren't concerned and I didn't need to be seen. I didn't want to seem like more of a crazy pregnant person, so I just decided to believe them. However, inside I'm worried.

I'm not really asking where the bleed/how the bleed started, as there is no way to know. Maybe the chair/ball game was too much. But, has anyone else had this and it really was nothing to worry about? With all that has gone bad in this pregnancy, I just can't stop thinking that this is just the start of my next line of pregnancy drama.

I do have my a/s on Thursday and the follow up next week, so I will be seeing my doctor soon. It would just be nice to hear a little reassurance from someone who has been there at this point.

Update:

Well, some good and some worrisome news. Good news is the baby is doing well in there. There are no signs of where the bleeding is coming from, both on exam and u/s. Placenta is far from cervix and no signs of bleeding during exam. So, who knows. Kinda what I figured they'd tell me, but nice to hear from a professional.

However, they did a cervical measurement and it's shortening. Granted, it started out pretty long at 52mm three weeks ago. But, in just 3 weeks, I'm now at 40mm and one measurement was 36mm. So, we're treating it like a "shortened cervix" even though it isn't short compared to the norm, it's just showing changes. My a/s is Thursday and I have my follow-up with my OB on Tuesday where they'll measure it again. If it continues to show changes, I'll be on bed rest.

In the meantime, I'm on pelvic rest and have modified activity, no heavy lifting, etc. What worries me is that because I've been a freak this pregnancy, I haven't been doing any of this stuff already. However, they are keeping a very close eye on it, so I feel like I'm in good hands.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: Red Spotting. *UPDATED*

• i'm sorry i have no advice, just ((hugs)).  fx that everything is perfect on your a/s.  are you able to feel kicks?

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• I have not been there and I'm sorry you're having to have something else to worry about in your pregnancy. It doesn't feel fair.

I would say that if I were you, I would either call your doctor again and request to be seen ASAP, which they should do especially considering your circumstances, or I would just go to the ER anyways. I wouldn't be able to wait until Thursday to make sure that everything is okay, honestly.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I have a few felt kicks, but it's not consistent yet. I busted out the trusty Doppler. All is good with baby.

I think my concern has always been that I don't trust my own body to do this pregnancy thing again. It's failed me for so long, that I'm shocked that I'm this far along and constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's been a crappy way to experience pregnancy for sure.

@AJIrishMama Thanks for that. I'm hoping this is just like your friend experienced. I need to work on the trust thing! I do trust my doctor, but I have doctor trust issues (big time) since I have endo and it took years and many doctors before someone believed me. I guess that trust issue hasn't gone away.

BabyFruit Ticker

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Honestly, I would get checked out today. I had pink spotting on Thursday that freaked me out and went right in. Fortunately, everything is ok. Good luck. Praying everything is good for you too.
  • No advice, but I can imagine how scary that must be. If you're worried or feeling like something is wrong, I think you should call your ob and request to be seen- they're there to make you feel better and reassured. Do what you think is right. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can understand how scary this is! I agree that if the doctor's aren't worried, don't be too worried. And I'm so glad that you could hear LO. 

I'm sure everything is completely fine! Lots of positive vibes being sent your way! 
  • Not quite the same but might be reassuring -- (TMI warning) I often have pinkish discharge. Like several days a week. I always wear a liner so I can monitor it b/c it freaks me out. I've asked my OB and NP and both have said it's fine. I still feel kicks and movement. I try not to worry about it. But like you, I'm looking forward to my a/s this week, also on Thursday. 

That said, if you are really stressing, I think it's fine to call your OB and politely but firmly ask that you be seen today. You're allowed to ask your doctor to check you out if you're worried. 

I'm so sorry you're stressing. ::HUGS:: Please keep us updated. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hope everything turns out ok. I'm not familiar with the game you were playing, but are you thinking it could have caused some strain that led to the bleeding? We're all getting more sensitive and stretched out in places, and while bleeding isn't anything to take lightly, there are a range of reasons it might happen.

If you're worried and you can go in to get checked out, why not do it to put your mind at ease? There are no downsides to taking that route, as far as I can tell. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh honey, been there, done that. I spotted the first 8 weeks. Had a huge gush of red blood at 10 weeks. I had a whole week of spotting from 16-17 weeks(after Pap smear). I went to the ER for that one. I just had another bleed when I wiped two weeks ago. I'm 21 weeks now and feel the baby kicking as I type. My NT scan and A/S scan were all normal. My baby is as healthy as can be.

My docs know about all the incidents and can't explain exactly why it happened or keeps happening. My point is don't be alarmed. It can happen to healthy pregnancies. Keep in contact with your doc and monitor when it stops. If it gets worse, call them back. Also, put yourself on a pelvic rest until your next appointment. Do you have a home doppler? See if you can hear the baby's heartbeat. Take it easy and drink plenty of water; that's what helps me. Keep us posted. *Hugs*
  • I had a few episodes of spotting around this time -- with both my pregnancies. Of course, DD was fine and this one looks okay so far as well. Things happen. Its probably just a fluke, but there's no harm in asking to get checked if it gives you a little peace of mind.
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not really sure what the game is (if its explained above I may have missed it) to say if it were a little bit much. But I second the statement on going in and if you cant seem to get in there today I dont think a ER visit would seem like your "crazy pregnant lady" and hell if it does then so be it be crazy pregnant lady better to KNOW that its nothing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• rshamosrshamos member
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad you are getting in to see the nurse. I don't have experience with spotting in the second tri, but I know that it could a gazillion different things. It could be the chair game, stress from a bowel movement, sex, sensitive cervix, etc. the main thing is to try to relax until you can get in to see the doc. Like everyone said drink lots of water. Of course, keep us updated! We all can't wait to hear good news. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have had no experience. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and I hope they agree to see you sooner!
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• I spotted at 17 weeks in the pad like you and on the TP which freaked me out. it was then done by the time I got to the doctors two hours later. they didn't see anything where it came from and everything looked fine in my ultrasound. if it keeps coming back def call your dr :)
  • I'm sorry I have no personal experience here but I'm glad you called your doctor! I have a friend who experienced bleeding her entire pregnancy and every time she went to L&D they always examined her then sent her home. Nobody could explain it but the baby was always healthy. FX they call you back soon!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• I had a bleed at 16 weeks, everything has been fine and uneventful since, but I definitely went to the ER (it was a Friday night so I couldn't go to the doctor) given your history I would insist on a piece of mind visit, adding stress of the unknown can't help matters. Sending good thoughts your way!!
  • I had/still have red spotting off and on. Doc checked after the first time and found a cervical polyp. She said they're totally normal (99% are not cancerous) and they are very common in pregnant ladies. They can develop quickly too. I had my 8 week pap smear check etc and there was no polyp, by 11/12 weeks when I first started the red spotting I had a large polyp. They are sensitive and bleed easily. Sometimes I'll spot red after sex or exercise, other times if I've just been particularly active that day. For example I tripped over my own feet (super graceful that's me!) And sat down kinda hard in my chair, few hours later some red spotting showed up.
    I of course have no idea if thats what your experiencing but thats my story :-) and I agree with PP I would ask your OB to check you out to calm your nerves. It can't hurt for them to bring you in especially given your journey so far.
  • DH and I had a housewarming party a couple of weeks ago and I did a lot of cleaning- vacuuming, going up and down the stairs multiple times, mopping etc. I took breaks and didn't think ideas overdoing it, but then I had red spotting later that day. My Dr said the same thing as yours- wait it out and unless it gets worse or comes with cramping/pain it's not an immediate cause for concern.

I has an appt a few days later and things are ok- so far so good and no reason or obvious cause for the bleeding.

I totally get not feeling like you can trust your body and not feeling comfortable with things like, 'Everything sounds normal.'

Lots of hugs to you and hopes that you can relax a little and try to trust in your docs! <3
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have any experience with it, but I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you get good news soon!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Thinking of you @beachy6‌! Hoping for good news when you update.
  • I haven't seen an update, but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you!

• brittandjpbrittandjp member
    edited August 2014

While I don't have personal experience with spotting, I've had friends that spotted and went on to have perfectly healthy babies. That being said, I wouldn't wait until Thursday. I'd ask to be seen today or first thing tomorrow morning. Given the circumstances, I'd think they'd oblige.

Since you haven't had your a/s yet, it could be that you have an anterior placenta or placenta previa, in which case spotting can be normal. Though they say that if you ARE spotting with either of those situations, pelvic rest is mandatory. So, I'd just be really cautious in the meantime.

I hope all goes well at your appointment. Please keep us posted!

**Edited: Sorry, I only read through the first page before commenting. I hope everything is going well at your appointment. Hugs!

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Best wishes and looking forward to a (hopefully good) update.  Sorry that you are going through this. 

Test
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Those damn cervix! Mine sucks too. I hope it stays stable.
  • I'm so glad you went in. Shortening is nothing to mess with. I hope that ends up not being the case when you're there on Thursday. I'll be thinking of you and looking out for updates!

Also, you have every right to be a little crazy with this pregnancy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• FX that your cervix stays stable.  I can only imagine that must be really scary.  
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Glad that baby is doing well.  FX on your future results so that you may not have to be on bed rest.  

Test
  • Glad to hear your LO is doing well! Keeping my fingers crossed that your next appointments go well and your cervix will be stable. Definitely keep us posted!
  • I'm glad the baby is okay! I hope your cervix cooperates.
  • Thank you ladies! I'm glad you all pushed me to call back in and be seen today. I was really trying to not be "that pregnant lady" but my OB's office was glad I came in under the circumstances. So, lesson learned!

BabyFruit Ticker

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• So glad you got checked out; sending T&P that your cervix stays put and that you can avoid bed rest.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• I hope it improves. Saw your update and praying all goes well with your upcoming appointments.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to see a good update - hope all stays well so you can enjoy it for a bit without the worry!
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad you went in to get checked out today, and good updates. T&P that your cervix stays long.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"