Illinois Babies

Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove?

Does any one have any good/bad expereinces/opinions about Good Sam Hospital?  I've heard good things about Central DuPage and I've had several friends deliver at Hinsdale but I don't know much about Good Samaritan. 

I recently moved and I'm looking for an OB/GYN near Downers Grove but since I'm close to TTC I figured I should try and pick someone who delivers where I want as well.

Thanks!

Re: Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove?

• I was hoping to get an answer to this post as well.  DH was born at Good Sam and thought it would be neat if our child was born there too.  But my doctor just left Good Sam and I'm having second thoughts. 

A friend of DH's is a nurse who works at Good Sam and she just had her baby at CDH, because they are affiliated with Children's Memorial.  It's making me think if the employees are going to other hospitals, maybe I should too?

Also, it seems like the ladies on this board seem to really like CDH., so I'm looking into going there, but DH thinks it's too far (and I was born there, so I think his feelings are hurt).  I'm not sure I helped you, but good luck trying to decide!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom does a lot of work with hospitals...she is a consultant so she knows the dirt and the reputation of most of them inside and out. She said she has never done work with Good Samaritan's OB/GYN specifically, but that overall the hospital has a great reputation and is well-respected. CDH is also great and most people like it for OB/GYN and Pediatrics because of its close affiliation with Children's. I would say both are good choices. Can't go wrong!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone I know that has delivered there has raved about their experiences.  One of my friends had her abby 6 weeks early and they did a fantastic job. Another friend has twins there and also couldn't say enough good things about her experiences. These are just friends from the past year. This is why I am going to be delivering at Good Sam - even though there are pther hospitals closer to where I live.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have had good experiences with Good Sam. I have delivered there before and plan to deliver in March 2009 as well. My OB is Dr. Martin Gallo. He is GREAT! I am also high risk and they are helpful all the way.

• I was hoping to deliver at Good Sam, but my OB is affiliated with Hinsdale Hospital and not Good Sam even though her office is in DG.  How did your friends experience at Hinsdale go? 

~Shannon

• I just delivered my second child (on 1/20) at Hinsdale Hospital and I was extremely pleased with everything there.  The staff was wonderful and helpful.  They also have a Level 3 Neonatology unit (I think that's it -- the highest level of Neonatology that a hospital can have onsite), and that gave me some added peace of mind should there have been any complications with my babies.  Luckily, there were not.  I would highly recommend Hinsdale for delivery.  Now... it is an older hospital and the rooms aren't very spacious and they don't do massages, romatic dinners, etc. like I have heard Good Sam does, but that didn't matter to me.  
  • My Dr. is also in Downers Grove buy delivers only at Hinsdale. Who is your DR?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"