December 2014 Moms

For the love of boobs!

My boobs itch SO bad...like to the point where I'm making them bleed from scratching so much. And recently my nipples have become so sensitive it hurts to touch them sometimes. I use oil and lotion on them all the time, is there any other tricks y'all have that may soothe these poor puppies?

Re: For the love of boobs!

• Maybe hydrocortisone cream?  That's approved for pregnancy right?  

Test
  • No help, but omg that sounds terrible. Hope you can find some relief soon.
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • I've been told only to use the hydrocortisone cream sparingly so I would check with your doctor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gel ice packs helped a little. They make mini ones you can slip into your bra. :-/ how miserable. I only had the issue for a short time. Hope you find relief soon!
  • Try switching lotions and oils.
    Pregnancy can make you randomly allergic to things. If you are itching that badly, it sounds like a reaction to something. Did you buy a new bra recently? It could be the lining is irritating.
  • Eora3 said:

Try switching lotions and oils.
    Pregnancy can make you randomly allergic to things. If you are itching that badly, it sounds like a reaction to something. Did you buy a new bra recently? It could be the lining is irritating.

I've tried different lotions and oils. They all give me instant relief, just not long term. I recently discovered that I think part of the problem may be that my boobs are growing and I haven't bought new bras. I didn't want to buy new ones until the 3rd trimester because I know they will get even bigger and didn't want to waste money, but I think I'm going to have to buy one for the meantime. I think all the squishing and rubbing is irritating my itchy skin even more. My cleavage and underneath my boobs seriously looks like reptile skin. It's disgusting.
  • I just went to the dermatologist this week for something similar, switch to dove for sensitive skin soap and use cera ve moisturizing cream multiple times a day. It's already made an improvement for me! Good luck!
  • No advice but I feel your pain! They are itchy all the time :(
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I keep a pillow in my freezer lol. I have a terrible time with this in bed only. When it's time for bed I hug the pillow close to my lady lumps, feels amazing. :) Especially on the couch when I'm watching t.v in the heat.
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • Vaseline lotion has been my best friend, they have a sensitive hypo allergenic lotion that is awesome. A bigger bra may help them breathe, I was squishing into my 34D and finally caved and it was amazing.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Also, just another thought, after showering, make sure you let the skin dry completely before getting dressed. With the extra voluptuousness, you can get a yeast infection in skin folds if you don't get completely dry.
  • Eora3 said:

Also, just another thought, after showering, make sure you let the skin dry completely before getting dressed. With the extra voluptuousness, you can get a yeast infection in skin folds if you don't get completely dry.

I had no idea. I haven't been doing that cause it takes forever to dry but now I think I just might walk around topless for an hour every night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"