April 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

It's Friday.  Confess something good and get some discussion moving around here. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    jthree said:

I'm really worried that I'm not going to be a good mother to my daughter as she grows up.  She is extremely high energy and a LOT of work.  I am the opposite, I was always very laid back and just calm and relaxed even growing up.  It terrifies me that I'm not going to be able to control her or know what to do and she is going to turn out bad and it will be all my fault.

I could have written most of this myself! Leif is such an extrovert and high energy. I am an introvert and lately I have little energy. He wants my attention all the time and I just run out of energy and patience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate_C said:

My confession: I think I've probably been drinking too much.  Not like I'm getting drunk (or even tipsy), but I have a beer or a glass of wine most days.  Mostly just a lot of empty calories.  I think that cutting down on that would definitely help with my weight loss endeavors.  I should return to drinking chamomile tea to relax.  

Same...I have a beer most nights. Just one or two. But do I really need it? No. It just tastes so damn good.
  • Options
    I confess that I have a terrible memory and that if you asked when E got his first tooth, took his first steps, etc. I probably couldn't tell you.

I keep a word document on the computer and after every check up i enter his weight etc and i also mark down milestones.  Otherwise i cant remember anything either.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Look in your LOs baby book. DDs has a place for her check ups, weight, height etc. the. Another section has one for teeth and another for firsts. 
  • Options
    I have a pretty good baby book going for James, but it isn't EXACT -- like, I don't know what day he cut his first tooth, just that it happened the same week I went back to work (thanks dude), which was the second week of July.  Stuff like that... so I just have weeks/months...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I judge single mothers who knowingly have children and are single.  Does that make sense?  I'm surrounded by a few women who are having babies because they want babies.  The fathers want to be there but the moms don't want them to.  While I don't doubt that these woman have more than enough love and money to provide for their children, it's a selfish decision.  You're a better parent before you have kids.

• Options
    I confess that I have no clue how I'm going to love #2 as much as I love Warner. He made me a mom. And he might be the sweetest child on the planet.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    jthree said:

I'm really worried that I'm not going to be a good mother to my daughter as she grows up.  She is extremely high energy and a LOT of work.  I am the opposite, I was always very laid back and just calm and relaxed even growing up.  It terrifies me that I'm not going to be able to control her or know what to do and she is going to turn out bad and it will be all my fault.

I also think it's good for a parent and a child to have different personalities- you will help balance each other. If you were both outgoing you would eventually probably be at each other's throats and if you were both laid back you might lack motivation. My DD and I are very different as well- DH, DS and I are all laid back but DD has always been high maintenance and crazy! It's definitely different! I am sure you will do great- you will grow together and learn from each other.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Confession 1: I've totally been slacking on even trying to get DS to sleep through the night consistently. He does it occasionally, but since he's most likely my last baby, I've been enjoying the MOTN snuggles while they last. That said, I'm ready to get a full night's sleep on a regular basis again.

Which leads to.....Confession 2: I'm kind of annoyed at DH and his best friend for not leaving tonight for the friend's bachelor party like I thought they were going to. They're going tomorrow instead, and while it's nice to get to spend extra time with him, I was counting on them being gone so I could sleep train tonight with an empty house!

• Options
    hatroopes said:

My new dentist office had the tv in the waiting room on Fox news...I won't be going back there

Aaaaaaaaaand I love you.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    I'm late to the party but I went to the Never have I ever post and I didn't Love only 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"