August 2014 Moms

Outside Opinions needed

When does end of pregnancy frustration and emotional upheaval become something more?

With my first, I CLEARLY suffered from pregnancy depression, and later PPD. But my pregnancy depression went undiagnosed and untreated. In fact, I didn't even know that was such a thing until I read an article about it when that baby was 4 years old.

Lately I've been wondering if I'm slipping again. But I'm 10 days from my due date, so I can't tell if the apathy and emotional blah is just from being miserable pregnant. I was going to ask my ob about it at my appointment this week, but she was on vacation and I saw someone new — meaning she wasn't familiar with my normal demeanor and outlook. I'm not spending my days bawling like I did previously, but I'm just... Miserable.

What would you do if you were in this position?
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Outside Opinions needed

• Lurking fir O'14.... I would say have it checked out. Even if it is just normal getting ready lows. It can still be documented in your chart so they know when you started to feel this way and have as much information as the can get.
    Hope things get better for you. Enjoy your soon to be outside LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you feel something is off then get it checked out. It could be usual blah but it appears you feel like it may be more and it's worth sending them an email or calling at least.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited August 2014
    @navyandgray‌ No, I didn't have PPD orpregnancy depression with my second pregnancy at all. I have talked with my ob about PPD and depression — I just didn't see her this week. I see her again on Monday, so I'll bring it up then.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I had PPD last time and have been keeping a close eye for antenatal depression this time (and will be mindful of PPD after I have DS2). I'd say if you don't feel right, get checked out, and try to get in with your normal doctor. I have my ups and downs and feel tired and sometimes get emotional, but I can easily say it's all on a normal scale for me right now. If you can't say that, then I think it's worth talking to someone about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"