January 2015 Moms

Used Stokke Sleepi?

So ladies, I'd love your advice on buying a used Stokke Sleepi crib.  I know that you're not supposed to buy a used crib, but I love the Stokke Sleepi and can't justify the ridiculous price for a new one.  Anyone have experience with a used version of the Stokke Sleepi?  I'm hoping it's a little safer than some other brands for used cribs, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Re: Used Stokke Sleepi?

• I have no idea what a Stokke Sleepi is, but I see no reason not to buy a used crib if it still meets current safety standards.
    LO3 will use the crib that we bought for DS1 over 4 years ago.....
  • Used crib is fine as long as it's still in good condition. It's the mattress you're not meant to buy second hand so just buy new mattress
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it would be fine if you can verify that all the parts are there (screws, etc.)
  • I am planning on buying a used crib. I was a little confused about the mattress for obvious reasons. But a used crib was definitely the way I was planning to go. I also think that most cribs come with a date of manufacture. So you can sort of know how old it is. If its in a good condition, why not. I have not heard of Stokke Sleepi though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There's nothing wrong with buying a used crib.  We bought a drop side crib with DD but knew we could get the kit to convert it to a stationary side.  It was easy to do.  We're buying a used crib this time too.  We sold the first crib once DD was in a toddler bed because storage space is something we lack.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"