December 2014 Moms
Options

What is wrong with people!?!(vent)

So I'm on my way home sitting in the preggo lady seat on the train and I see a guy walk on the train and he clearly has a broken foot. So I look around to see who will offer their seat. I wait a minute... No one gets up. A damn pregnant lady had to offer the poor man a seat. No able bodied person could get off their lazy ass. The guy looked at me like I was nuts and the people around me kind of put their head down and ignored the situation. I mean I look visibly pregnant too. It's makes me really sad to see what this society has become. I will teach my child to have manners. Maybe these people were never taught any. X( ughhhhh

Re: What is wrong with people!?!(vent)

• Options
    It really has gotten ridiculous.  I'm having a little boy and he WILL have manners gosh darnit!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    That is so ridiculous!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Proud of you.

Test
  • Options
    I've had that happen to me too. Poor older gentleman barely able to walk got on the bus and nobody would move. I couldn't believe it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Its amazing how many people would do this. You should be proud that you set the example for all of those around and even yet while Pregnant! :)
  • Options
    Yep. People suck. I had to go to the development a couple weeks ago with both boys in tow. After standing for over an hour a couple finally left leaving two seat open. I went to go sit and this muscle head pretty much pushed me out of the way to get to them first. Yep pushed an obviously pregnant lady with two smaller kids out of the way to steal the seats. Then he put his paperwork down in the other one...

2 hours later and older gentleman from all the way across the room came over and gave me his seat. People definitely suck and my boys WILL know better.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I see that every day here in Chicago. I have a feeling that all of these D14 boys will be very well mannered :)

Our #2 is on the way!

BFP #1 - 08.2008, EDD 3.19.09 - Missed MC at 9 weeks - 09.2008
    BFP #2 - 4.22.11, EDD 1.4.12 - DS #1 - 11.27.2011
    BFP #3 - 10.27.13, EDD 6.29.14 - Chemical pregnancy - 11.02.2013
    BFP #4 - 4.7.14 - EDD 12.11.14 stick baby stick!!
    6.10.14 - It's another healthy boy!!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

December 2014 December Siggy Challenge - Free for all!  
  • Options
    It's so funny (sad) that everyone has a comment about the baby bump until you're on public transit, then it's all of a sudden magically invisible. And I am well past the "is she pregnant" offensive phase...
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I got on the train right after posting this last post and a guy offered me a seat after only two stops. There is hope, ladies, there is hope.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would have told the guy "Here, take my seat since no one else is offering" but I am kind of an asshole.
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    Even though most people are oblivious, there are still the good few (like you!) who set the good example for everyone else! Good job!
  • Options
    Amandak2012Amandak2012 member
    edited August 2014
    Society is just getting worse and worse! It's a sad day when a pregnant woman offers her seat and everyone else around pretends to not notice! shame on them! Good for you for just being a kind humanbeing! because it just doesnt happen! I am so thankful the city we live in is smaller but it is seen on a daily basis here. there are no buses or trains but in waiting rooms or even waiting to be seated at a restaurant you see some teenage or young adult couple sitting in the few seats all the while an older couple is trying to stand to wait! I want to know when thinking of others became such a task that so many people just don't do it?!

ETA:corrections
  • Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited August 2014
    Just wanna say thank God for people like you! I hate when everyone tunes out and pretends they don't see the obvious. We still live in a community people, have some manners! 
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"