December 2014 Moms

Can we talk gas?

I am eating all my normal foods but just recently this extra gas is embarrassing and uncomfortable. I thought my lower stomach area was simply bothering me (maybe baby was sitting low, baby sitting on bladder causing more discomfort, organs shifting as baby grows, etc.) until I finally...um...let it out...and suddenly I felt so much better. I'm pretty sure 1/4 of my stomach is gas, 1/2 is baby, and 1/4 is food I just ate. This normal? FTM here.

I'm literally, like right this instant, feeling gas bubbles throughout my stomach that are slightly painful. 

Re: Can we talk gas?

• Just let 'em rip. You will feel so much better.

• Yep... couple of ladies have posted about gas. When you are pregnant your GI system slows down.

Test
  • Loading the player...
  • emp156emp156 member
    ummmm, FTM here too but gas WOKE ME UP last night. like the same thing you are describing -- the lower abdominal pressure. totally thought maybe baby pressure on bladder, etc. 

but no. gas. it kept me awake from 2:30ish - 3ish. so i guess that's going to be a new thing. maybe i should be grateful it was in the middle of the night, as opposed to mid-day in public? haha. 
  • Eora3Eora3 member
    Totally normal! Ask your doc if you are ok to use GasX. It really helps!
  • @emp156 Yes, thank you! I go to the bathroom and nothing. Pressure still persists until I guess its ready to leave me? Weird. 

I feel better knowing this is normal. I definitely noticed an increase since 1st tri. but this week has been much worse and I was concerned. Whew!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Slaps said:

You can't beat a good botty burp!
    Let them out you will feel so much better!

Yeah farting is one of the few truly free treasures in life. Let em rip while you have a good excuse ;)
  • I think it's lying on your left side that's supposed to help release gas? It's b/c of which way everything is piped down there.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been waking up in the night with such bad gas my whole torso hurts.
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @kathytav - haha, seriously. i've been on summer vacation so i'm largely alone during the day. the freedom will be tough to stifle (ha) when i'm back to school in september. oh, and school is teaching eighth graders - gah! i will say i'm totally not above blaming them for any potential noxious fumes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"