January 2015 Moms

TV show : "I didn't know I was pregnant

Any of you ladies watch this tv show? Has anyone you know or yourself gone through it?

Re: TV show : "I didn't know I was pregnant

• aks01aks01 member
    I usually use my nuvaring continuously (where I leave it in instead of have a period), which is why I thought I was 10 weeks instead of 16 weeks. If I wouldn't have taken it out to have a period in June, I would have no clue I was pregnant because I haven't really had many symptoms. 

The only thing I don't understand about that show is how they don't look pregnant the whole 9 months. 

• Loading the player...
  • If my husband didn't suggest I was pregnant, I would have never tested, and I still wouldn't know at this time.
    I don't feel pregnant, no morning sickness, no symptoms ect.

A high school friend of mine went 8 months and didn't know she was pregnant. She went to the Dr. For something, and that's when they discovered she was 8 months along!

• If my husband didn't suggest I was pregnant, I would have never tested, and I still wouldn't know at this time.
    I don't feel pregnant, no morning sickness, no symptoms ect.

A high school friend of mine went 8 months and didn't know she was pregnant. She went to the Dr. For something, and that's when they discovered she was 8 months along!

Wow 8 months! That's crazy! :o3 ! Wow your lucky! No sickness ;;)
  • I had a friend who found on on the day she ended up delivering. She was as teeny tiny as they get. It was crazy. She was only 19 or 20 and had to call her parents from the hospital to say she was having a baby.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I had a friend who found on on the day she ended up delivering. She was as teeny tiny as they get. It was crazy. She was only 19 or 20 and had to call her parents from the hospital to say she was having a baby.

That's insane!
    Like @NatureLovers‌ said its crazy when small girls have no bumps! It's like where's the baby?!
  • It's really hard for me to fathom and I wonder if some (not necessarily all) of the cases are just denial... especially when they all say they had their regular period every single month...I know spotting can happen in pregnancy but to be timed at the "usual" time every month? Just seems crazy...not to mention when baby is bigger, it's weird to think you can't feel them move AT ALL.

But hey... obviously it happens, so there's something to it.  I just wonder how often the cases are that they TRULY didn't know and truly had absolutely no signs of it.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • This show and concept was difficult for me to grasp before I was pregnant... now that I am, it baffles me even more.  I seriously knew immediately.  But, I was also TTC and really in tune with my body and what it was doing, and how it changed from the start.   I guess if you're not trying, you may not be in "as tune" to various things.  But it still baffles me.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • aks01aks01 member
    I would be flipping shit if I found out I was going to have a baby in a month. I'm a planner so that would not be okay with me.

• a girl I babysat for when I was younger didn't know she was pregnant and she was maybe 100 lbs. I got the kids in bed she come home from work, I went home and that night she had a baby in the bathroom. she sent the kids to my house for me to watch them while she was in the hospital and I didn't believe the little girl bc I just seen her hours before! baby did have a rather flat head but was other wise fine. and this pregnancy I wouldn't have known for a while as I usually have HG the entire pregnancy and even into delivery and often have irregular periods. I only did a test bc I wanted to go out drinking haha good thing I did! bc man was I shocked to see it positive
  • Also, a lady I work with found at at 4 months. Her belly was starting to protrude a little, and she didn't feel well, but she blamed it on a very large ovarian cyst. She was scheduled to have it and her ovary removed. She went in for pre-op, and found out she was pregnant. Not quite as extreme, and she said once she found out, it made sense, but she was just blaming all of the symptoms on the cyst. 

It was difficult with her because she had just come to terms with being 'one and done', and she found out that she was pregnant and that it was a boy on the same day. It definitely took her time to process the whole thing. I can't imagine finding out on the day you had to deliver the baby. So scary.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Yep, I have a family member called me to ask about my being a godmother. "Are you tryingto tell me you're pregnant? " She says yes, ok when are you due? "The doctor says any day now" wow, ok, what does live in BF say? "He says he could've used a little more notice"....

I asked her later about it, she had irregular periods forever - endometriosis, also overweight.... but still not feel the baby? Her answer, "Its called denial." Now theres 2, and they are wonderful little boys. We all got a lot more warning 2nd time around :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This kind of happened to my neighbor, she took pregnancy tests including blood tests at the doctor and they were all negative. Doctors started to explore other issues and finally at 4 months they found a baby on ultrasound. She was in a bikini at the beach and did bit look pregnant at all until pretty late. She is very active and was even washing the car and rearranging furniture a week before delivery. I remember going to the roller rink with her at 8 months, she wad in such great shape. So it's not that she didn't have symptoms, that particular pregnancy was just one of those oddities that can't turn a pregnancy test positive. She had another baby and did know about that one at a normal amount of weeks :-)
  • A coworker of mine just delivered her daughter's baby at home. Daughter woke her up saying she thought something ruptured in her stomach. As coworker got ready she asked of she could be pregnant and having a miscarriage; denied saying she had sex one time in October.

As they were walking out the door daughter turned white as a sheet and coworker put her in a chair to call an ambulance. Water broke. Pulled her pants down and baby was crowning. Out in two pushes

Perfectly healthy baby. No one had a clue. It was her second baby. She was worried because she only felt her first baby move a few times, so may not have felt this baby at all
  • I have a friend who went to the ER thinking she needed her appendix out or something and ended up having an 8 pound baby boy that night. She was in college, was having her periods here and there and only gained 11 pounds the whole time. Never felt the baby move, didn't look pregnant or anything. Most kids gain weight when they go away to school, so she thought nothing of it. The baby is a healthy 3 year old now, and she ended up having another baby but totally looked pregnant and knew about it the second time around. I think they're called silent pregnancies? Scary!
  • Evreytime I watch the show I think... Are these woman serious?? Not knowing. But you ladies have some scary interesting story's ! X_X
  • kc192kc192 member
    edited August 2014
    My period has always been very irregular and before I was put in the pill I could go months without having one. Because of this, with my first pregnancy, I assumed it would take a while to get pregnant so when I was several weeks late my friends talked me into taking a test. Huh, it was positive! I went to the dr shortly after and found out I was 12 weeks along! I just assumed I was tired bc my job is physically demanding and when I'm really tired I feel nauseous. Now... I was very noticeably pregnant by 7 or 8 months so there is no way I could have hid that! But with this pregnancy I'm 17 wks and other then a series of uti's and kidney infections I have had basically zero symptoms.
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have no crazy stories whatsoever. But I watch this show all the time on my days off and it always makes me cry like crazy. I don't know if it scares me or if its just babies being born but I end up sobbing and laughing (at myself) every time.
  • I just find it amazing that women can not know for 9 m that there is a baby in there! I mean seriously! That's just crazy.
    I know there are enough stories about silent pregnancies etc so it's not like I don't believe them but as someone very in tune with my body I just can't fathom it!
    Imagine having to deal with that? Going into a public loo in the mall and thinking you have bad constipation and out pops a babies head! I like to be organised and that would be crazy
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • I've had bleeding throughout this entire pregnancy. I guess if I was 16 I could mistake it for period if I didn't know better. Although there is no way I could ignore having the "flu" for 3 months straight...

Obviously it happens but it still seems crazy to me! Not knowing for 5 months seems believable. But going the entire 9 months?! Yikes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I hadn't been tracking my temps it's possible I wouldn't know until about now or so at almost 16 weeks, because of random bleeding. MS hasn't been that bad and could probably be explained away. I could see this happening under the right circumstances, low symptoms and a little denial.
  • I am one of those girls that thinks I'm pregnant every month (ridiculous, I know). So, there's no way in hell that I wouldn't know I'm pregnant. With this pregnancy, which is my first, I did a HPT the very first day of my missed period. :D

However, my sister has a friend who had absolutely NO idea she was pregnant until she went to the hospital for horrible stomach pains. Turns out she was in labor!

• My husband's old coworker had this happen... Twice. they were very close together. The first time she didn't find out until she was 8 months pregnant and was shocked. Apparently she barely ever got her period, and she was a pretty big girl. Second time, she was going in to consult about getting tubes tied, and she found out she was 8 months pregnant again. Ha! She had a normal pregnancy before these two. Super weird.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"