Parenting

convertible crib or toddler bed

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: convertible crib or toddler bed

• We just converted E's crib to toddler a couple weeks ago. She was fine in the crib but we decided to convert as a way to get her to actually fall asleep in her own room. Before that we put her to sleep in our bed then transferred her to the crib.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just converted Cade's crib a few days ago. I caught him half over the rail after nap. So it was time. If we had planned better I wouldn't of converted the crib. I would of just gotten him a twin mattress for the floor. We're planning on buying him one in a few days to do just that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • E's crib was in our room until maybe a year ago. Once we moved her into her own room, she started sleeping much better. Just move her out, she'll be fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • msdrdgmsdrdg member
    We converted his crib to a toddler when he was 3.  He wasn't trying to climb out, I just got tired of trying to lift him into the crib.  He still (knock on wood) doesn't leave his bed without one of us there.  We are debating now, when to convert the toddler bed to a full.  He's getting a little too long for the toddler.
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Since I have to buy parts to change the crib to the bed, I'm just going to use the full bed I have in storage.
  • We went right from the crib to a twin mattress and box spring.  We started with the mattress and box spring on the floor and now he is at a full height twin bed.  The bed is pushed against one wall with a safety rail on the outside.  The first couple months in the twin bed he needed us to lay there with him to go to sleep - otherwise he would just keep jumping on the bed but he is great now. Nap-time was the worst but sticking to the schedule he has at daycare (nap right after lunch) has really helped that too.  When he wakes up he climbs down and comes into our room (right across the hall). 

• I'm not there, yet.  DS isn't trying to climb out so we probably won't have to until he starts potty training for realz.  Our crib cane with the toddler rail so there's no point on spending money on anything else right now.  When he gets too long for it, we'll buy a full sized bed.
  • Our crib converts, but we wanted to use it for DS2, so we moved DS1 to a toddler bed (in the shape of a car) when he was 2, he loves it, for a while he kept getting out, and coming to find us, then we put a child lock on the door, and he is fine now.

Not sure what we will do with DS2, the logical thing to do would be to convert the crib to a twin bed for DS1 and give the car bed to DS2, but I have a feeling DS1 with flip out if we do that, I think 2 car beds are in our future, then moving DS1 to the twin when he outgrows his car bed. We still have a while to decide, although DS2 is trying to climb out of the crib already, so I don't think we will be able to wait until he is 2 :(.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• We're moving p to one now. He just turned 2. We would have gone straight to twin, but I'd like to get nice twin bunk beds a little down the road, so we have a cheap little toddler bed in the meantime.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We half converted the crib. We didn't buy the extra parts but just took off te front so it was like a toddler day bed. She only rolled out once. We were going to buy her a twin but moved suddenly didn't want to put her crib back together so just set up an extra queen bed we had for her. Now she has more room for her 9000 animals she likes to sleep with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to a toddler bed around 1 1/2 because he was climbing out of the crib. He seemed too little for a twin bed at that point and I wanted something lower to the ground. We switched him to a twin just before he turned 4 because we had a new baby coming and we were making DS1 a "big boy" room.

• With DS1, we converted the crib to a toddler bed. DS2 just started climbing out at 20 months, so we just converted that. I really don't see on spending the $ for a separate toddler bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bought a convertible crib and thought it was genius....until after we had it and were using it and I realized we wanted more babies....but don't want to buy more expensive cribs - and next baby will be using this crib, when this LO will require a toddler bed. 

I really wasn't thinking long term and logically.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"