January 2015 Moms
Options

"You need a girl now!"

"Oh, you need a girl next!"
"Are you hoping for a girl?"
"Have a girl; I want to buy pink!"
"I'm crossing my fingers that you'll finally get your girl!"

Gah, I'm SO sick of hearing about how we "need" a girl baby next! We have two boys already, and you wanna know the truth? I would love to have a baby girl! But, it's not exactly up to me, and I will love and adore this baby no matter whether it's a he or a she!
I guess all these comments are just grating on my nerves because I feel like people will be disappointed if we have another boy. And, I refuse to admit to any of them that I'd like a girl because I don't want them to think I'm disappointed if it's a boy--because I won't be!

Anybody else dealing with this?

Re: "You need a girl now!"

• Options
    Yuuuuuuup. Except we are having a boy supposedly. And it's not a maybe, my family is absolutely certain I am having a boy, they just "know" it. They talk to DD about her "brother." Ask when we will find out it's a boy. My aunt also claims to be psychic so she's knows it's a boy that way too. It's driving me freaking nuts.
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got similar comments from friends/family also, and I only have one son already! Sorry everyone is getting on your nerves. Are you planning to find out the sex ahead of time, or are you planning to wait until delivery? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aerotigergirl
    Yes, we got the same comments with DS2, but I feel like they're much more this time around. Maybe I'm just more irritable, haha.

We're hoping to find out the sex next Thu at our anatomy scan, so hopefully the comments will end then!
  • Options
    Yep. I go back and forth on which I'd like more. Maybe because I'd be thrilled with either. But I get so tired of people saying they hope this one is girl. Like it really matters in their lives what my family consists of. They don't do much with me son.

And honestly I think I'll be a little annoyed if people buy more things if this one is a girl. Of course I'll appreciate anything anyone chooses to get me, especially sincesince we aren't having a shower, and its our second kid. But I think I'll just feel like my friends like this one better if it's a girl simply because its a girl. And that makes me sad.
  • Options
    Yep... I've gotten these comments ... "NEED to have a girl!" ... "We need a girl!"

I just roll my eyes

I would love having a girl, sure.... but I'd equally love having a boy... what a special relationship two brothers could have, right? Why is that so bad?

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I almost want to keep the sex a secret once we find out....just to spite them all. (we wont, there are definitely some people we want to tell so..don't want to get all complicated with it)

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    Yep, we just found out we are having a third boy and people are being absurd and rude with their comments. I love this article - https://www.scarymommy.com/another-boy/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    @ZooCrewMom
    I love that article!! So funny, but all so true! I'm saving it, and posting it on Fb the day we announce if this is boy #3, haha!
  • Options
    My MIL is the only one that really wants a girl. We have a playroom filled with trucks, cars and trains. I really don't want to add baby dolls and barbies to the mix. I find boys to be more physically tiring, but I don't want to deal with girl drama. I don't understand why people think that moms of boys "need" to have a girl. I'm so happy having only boys!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a girl and get "You need a boy."  And my MiL posted on FB that she, FiL and DH and I were all hoping for a boy.  THEY might be, but DH and I don't care or actually might have slight preference for another girl, but a baby in good health is utmost over boy vs girl.

When I first saw the title, I was secretly hoping you had told them to mind their own dang business or get a hobby that doesn't involve projecting their ideal perfect family on someone else's life...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. I have a girl, so everyone wants us to have a boy and assumes we want one. We truly don't care, and I can't wait to find out so I can just tell people and be done with it lol.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    YES! We got tons of them and we only have one boy. Lots of people just "know is going to be a girl." My response to my mom was- "Really? How do you know what was in his sperm?" 

Then we found out it is a girl and we got all of the "I KNEW IT!" No- you didn't know it, you hoped it!

• Options
    I have one of each and constantly get the "so you must be done" comments. SMH People need new conversation starters. 
  • Options
    I hate this so much.  I actually would LOVE a third girl.  Not that I would be disappointed with a boy, but we have all the stuff we need for a girl, clothes, nursery, etc.  I really don't want to spend the money to start over on blue stuff or re-learn how to parent a boy. 

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Options
    A little bit to a lesser extent, everyone says "oh you have a girl so you want a boy right"??!? Ummm not actually I want whatever I am going to have, I didn't get pregnant thinking the sex matter one way or another. 
  • Options
    I have 3 boys and am having a girl this time around, but when I was pregnant with my 3rd (who was supposed to be my last) I was so sick of all the girl comments!!!  Tell you the truth, I wanted another boy!  Once you have 2 of the same, it's so easy to just throw another into the mix!  What really pissed me off was the sympathetic looks I'd get when we told people it was another boy.  Like I was supposed to be disappointed with a healthy baby just because of it's sex or something???  We didn't even announce this pregnancy until we found out the sex because I couldn't stand to hear all the "girl" comments again!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Next pregnancy I'm hiding out until I find out the sex, then announcing to friends and family!

Baby boy due January 10

• Options
    Yes.. I have two boys and get the same ridiculous requests. I am nervous about my ultrasound with all the pressure I have on me to have a girl. Yes I would like a girl, but why should you have a preference on what I'm having?

• Options
    Two boys here and we are specifically team green because I cannot stand the comments. The sympathetic looks make me want to poke their eyes out. Possibly my biggest pet peeve. I really have to hold my tongue because as a healthcare professional who has rocked babies who had congenital defects that were not compatible with life as they died, I want to say, that deserves some sympathy, my healthy baby boy does NOT!
    TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • Options
    Yup. Al the time. I've got 3 boys. I don't let it bother me though

• Options
    I am one of three girls and growing up people would say the rudest things. "Oh your poor dad." "Oh, your parents never got the boy they were hoping for, huh?" Uh no, stfu. We love having our family the way it is.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options

Next pregnancy I'm hiding out until I find out the sex, then announcing to friends and family!

I probably won't announce on Facebook till we know the sex.
  • Options
    I have been asked (FTM with twins) what am I hoping for? My answer is "two take home babies" I will sometimes explain about my loss last year, that always ends a what I need conversation. I have also been told now I can be done ( because there's 2)... ummm, okay, or I can have another, God willing, we'll have to see :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I probably won't announce on Facebook till we know the sex.
    This is exactly what we're doing, but, of course, everyone who sees us regularly knows already.
  • Options
    It's almost a relief to know other people are going through this. This is my first baby but my family and friends are obsessive about telling me how much they hope it is a girl. The pressure has really gotten to me. My whole life I have quietly wished for a girl first but alway had a feeling I would have a boy first. I have thought this is a boy from the minute I found out. We will find out on the 26th but I am now dreading it because I am so scared to "confirm" a boy and face everyone's disappointment.
  • Options
    @Bigboneded‌ I don't understand why everyone thinks everyone should stop at 2. While I probably will stop at two, I don't expect that even most people stop at 2.
  • Options
    mandikins27mandikins27 member
    edited July 2014
    I am dealing with the opposite. I have 3 girls and everyone is pushing for a boy well i dont control that and i would love a boy but im going to love a girl just as much... But is everyone else? I hope so . Also everyone is pushing their boy names on me never ask what a girl would be called and when i tell them its oh i dont like it thank god your having a boy :/
  • Options
    Mine Is the opposite. Started when I had two girls already. Now preg with #4 and guess what, it's a girl too. Lol. Just wasn't in the cards for us to have a boy, because after this one, the shop is closed!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me! I have a boy and 2 girls and all I heard from my in-laws while on vacation was how this baby IS going to be a boy. I want a boy too, but (OP) like you I won't admit it. I will love whoever we're blessed with no matter what! It will be awful hearing how my MIL was right, if it turns out to be a boy. Whatever... I'm just happy with my miracle oopsie baby!
  • Options
    Mil has 2 sisters. Between the three of them, there are 7 boys and 1 girl. 3 of the boys have had kids. All girls. So of course this one is another girl. Smh! I just want a healthy take home baby!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I did non stop. I wanted to smack people.  In my family its mostly boys. In my kids generation there are 7 boys and no girls! And the truth was I wanted a BOY. Yup, that’s right, I wanted 3 boys. I love having boys! My mother was the worst. SO I just started saying “ Oh no, we want another boy!” . Well, we are having a girl! And while I am happy either way and its cool to have one, I am way more stressed now that I know it’s a darn girl!

• Options
    FTM. We had the Harmony21 test done at 11 weeks, so we've known for a while it's a boy. We told my parents first that it was a boy and the first thing out of my mother's mouth was, "Now it's time to start working on the girl!!!" Ummmm....nope. I don't think that is actually physically possible. I'm pretty sure you do one pregnancy at a time.

• Options
    Often. I think it was most offensive when my oldest DD (now 16) was a baby and an old woman "consoled" me... "It's okay. Next time, you'll get your boy."

It was cultural. Even still, people are so stupid, trying to make their issues yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"