March 2015 Moms

2nd pregnancy question!

So I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. Most days, morning sickness isn't too awful and I can still function and play the same way I would if i wasn't pregnant, but today I feel like I'm going to hurl constantly. Just wondering what types of activities you'd suggest to keep and almost 2 year old entertained so I can relax for a little? Thanks in advance!

Re: 2nd pregnancy question!

• It is fine for them to watch some TV , if that will keep them entertained. Sometimes you just need a break.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Coloring, set out a bunch of different toys for them to choose, a movie later, play dough, finger paints, Legos, books.. Those are a few things we do. I have a 2 year old and 4 year old, so my 4 year old really helps when I'm not feeling well, but as for yours by them self that's what I would do.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO loves our bed, so if I told him that Mama needed to lie down for a little bit - he would come with me and just hang out.  Obviously it doesn't last very long - but I'll take 20 min!  Otherwise, laying on the floor with them - sharing a pillow and reading books.

Elmo!  Bubble Guppies!  A movie if they will sit that long.

Turn on the sprinkler and let your LO run through while you sit/lounge in the shade.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I give my 3 year old the ipad and he will sit in the bed with me while I rest.
  • I either lay on the floor while we play together or we sit and read books or watch movies. I can't really get away with much else because he will not let me have a minute alone and he's almost 20m.
  • EmAreEmAre member
    I let my 4 year old play new games on my phone while I took a 20 minute power nap. It was fabulous.
  • uromysuromys member
    DD will be two in September and she loves her sensory bins.

https://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/sensory-boxes-101-tips-and-inspiration.html?m=1

Currently she's still obsessed with the Easter rice bin I put together, but she does like her bean and trucks bin a lot too. You may have to bust out the vacuum when they are done but at fairly easy clean up.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• I've been sick enough that I let my oldest (about 2 at the time) sit in the bathroom while my head was in the bowl and empty a box of tissues. He loved it lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"