July 2014 Moms

Tandem Nursing - is anyone else doing it?

Is anyone else tandem nursing? What has your experience been like so far? How long do you plan to nurse your older one?

DD is 19mo & DS2 is obviously a NB. Before LO was born DD was mostly just nursing in the morning (and only 5ish times per week months 7-9 of pregnancy) but now that LO is here she wants to nurse more, and probably nurses 2-3x per day now. If she sees LO nursing she typically wants to nurse too, and usually I'll tell her when LO's done she can, and then most of the time she'll run off to play and forget. I plan to continue to nurse DD until she weans herself or early age 2, whichever comes first.

Re: Tandem Nursing - is anyone else doing it?

• I was planning to but DD weaned herself about a month before DS was born. Then when she saw DS nursing she got jealous and cried. I offered the other breast and she sucked and got a gross look on her face and wouldn't take anymore. I guess my milk tastes gross now....? I wish I could though, I miss nursing her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @ashleysyn2‌ it's alright. She weaned when she was ready to. And that's what is really important to me. I wanted to make it till she was 2 or when she chose to be done. We were able to make it to 17 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleysyn2‌ it's alright. She weaned when she was ready to. And that's what is really important to me. I wanted to make it till she was 2 or when she chose to be done. We were able to make it to 17 months.
    17 months is awesome! Like I said, from 7-9 months of my pregnancy DD wasn't as in to nursing, she only did it about 5x per week. There were mornings where she would just exclaim "No!" The OB said that the milk had likely changed in taste. When DS2 was born she got jealous and really picked back up. She also eats longer too - before it was literally 1-2 minutes on just one side, now she'll nurse for 3-5 and then wants to nurse on the other side too.
  • I am! But my situation is obviously different than yours. :) Are you able to nurse both at the same time?
    I've nursed both at the same time twice, but it just feels awkward to me. I typically tell DD she has to wait until DS2 is done. It's strange when I nurse LO and then nurse DD immediately after, she just seems like a giant compared to him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"