November 2013 Moms

UO

What have you got today, ladies?

I think baby talk is stupid. Speak to your baby like they are going to use real words and be literate someday, okay?

Re: UO

• edited July 2014
    cagoldi said:

What have you got today, ladies?

I think baby talk is stupid. Speak to your baby like they are going to use real words and be literate someday, okay?

Oh I could not agree more! Now DD who has always been advanced for speech (the only thing she was advanced in) has reverted to using baby talk to Luke and it drives me nuts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Finnaroo said:
    Just because two dudes are best friends, does NOT mean that those two dudes' wives have to be best friends by default.

I adore one of DH's friends, but his wife and I just don't mesh. Every time the two dudes disappear, I silently plead for them to take me with them.
    Honestly? I don't even adore this guy. I used to REALLY like him. And arguably, he's a good friend to DH. But he's immature and annoying and an imbecile who thinks he's funny and charming. DH was his best man in their wedding and I was her MOH...which I always thought was weird since she's got so many other friends she was closer with...but she picked me? And since then? We've just grown apart and don't have much in common.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • I thought of this while posting my Halloween costume thread.

I don't like store bought costumes. I don't care if other people wear them, but they're just not for me (or F). Making costumes while growing up was one of my best Halloween memories!
  • @sunshin41‌ There is nothing wrong with mama. It's a word, perhaps juvenile, but that's not really baby talk either.

For instance, let's say your LO starts calling the kitty cat the keeka. When you recognize that's the word the baby is using to identify the cat you would respond and without correcting them, say something like, oh, you're looking for our kitty cat. Let's find the kitty cat.
    Baby talk would be when you start calling the cat the keeka also.
  • I like Simpsons, other than that I am with you, @Mommyxtwo1113‌. I like King of the Hill.
  • DH goes on rants about the choice of sides at Panera - he calls bullshit on the side of bread. I try to explain that it's for when you get a soup or salad and NOT if you're already getting a sandwich, but he won't be reasoned with. 
    So we never get to go, which is too bad because it's so yummy.
  • melisx33 said:
    I don't get the big deal about Panera. The last time I was there, I got a Half-Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT. It was cold-including the bacon, small and the bread was super flimsy and cheap looking. It cost me $5.99 for that??!

The only thing good is the Baker's Dozen Bagels on Tuesdays for cheap.
    Their vermont cheddar macaroni is to die for. I also like their chai tea latte's. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• CeeShellz said:

Panera has let me down every time I've tried to give it a chance. Either bland soggy sandwiches, or soggy, tasteless salads. Blah. I much prefer Corner Bakery (Is this just a West Coast thing?)

I just can't make myself like Corner Bakery. My dad always gets me stuff from there when I'm sick (the one on Brea and Imperial is between his office and my house). You know how your tastebuds are dull when you're ill? Everything just tastes, muted.
  • megswenmegswen member
    edited August 2014
    All this talk of food made me want to try either Panera or Corner Bakery, so I looked them both up, and found out that neither is even in my state. I feel jipped. I guess I'll stick to Kneaders. #firstworldproblems
  • I have never been to Panera. I liked Corner Bakery but a few months ago they shut down with no warning.
  • We're getting a Panera!!!! About time b/c we are so limited in the "healthy" food department, it's sad. I'll take it!! It beats our other fast food lunch spots- Ew gross!

• Jennsell said:

We're getting a Panera!!!! About time b/c we are so limited in the "healthy" food department, it's sad. I'll take it!! It beats our other fast food lunch spots- Ew gross!

There is nothing healthy about Panera, LMAO. Thousand calorie sandwiches and 800-calorie half cup mac n'cheese, while delicious, are baaaad for nutrition.

#-o CRAP!
    Just wishful thinking...
  • @CaiShov I don't think @MotherEFFingKatie is arguing that it didn't start as a racial slur, I think she is saying that most people don't realize that. I have heard that word all my life and while I know it is meant to mean "cheated" I had no clue until today that it was a racial slur against Gypsies. I think her example of the word gay was just the opposite happening. Most people do not know that the actual definition of the word means "happy or carefree."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"