Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC cycle ranges 80 days - 140 days with pcos

I'm diagnosed with PCOS I'm not really over weight, my insulin levels are fine and I don't have any cysts. My testosterone is a little high and I only have about 3 periods a year. I'm on metformin but it makes me SO sick so I'm not great about taking it. I'd like to try to stay away from taking clomid at least for now any advice on other meds to try?

Re: TTC cycle ranges 80 days - 140 days with pcos

• Options
    I have/do just wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience advice!
  • Options
    I don't check basal body temp. Since I'm not regular charting to get a prediction doesn't work on me. Iv had ultasounds done and everything looks perfect with all reproductive organs. It's just trying to regulate my period and have shorter cycles is my problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no personal experience with this, but when are you taking the metformin?  If you're taking it in the morning on an empty stomach and it makes you feel ill, maybe you could start taking it at night before bed instead?  Or if you normally take it with a meal, perhaps an empty stomach would be better?  I would personally try to find a way to either tolerate the prescriptions that my doctor had given me or go back to the doctor and ask about an alternative that wouldn't cause the unsavory side effects in your position.
  • Options
    I do O on my own my OB and I have confirmed that, But only a few random times a year. And I take my metformin mid meal at dinner and sometimes in the am right after breakfest. I eat healthy (very few carbs) lots of fruit,veggies and protein. I just need to regulate my cycle and get them close together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"