March 2015 Moms

Probably overthinking this but...

I've had mild period-like cramps since 4 weeks. Last night I leaned down to get something and had a sharp pain, almost like pulling a muscle. After that, through this morning, I've had the same constant, achey cramps but also some little sharp pains here And there. It doesn't feel like severe cramps or anything like that, but should I be worried? I'm 6w 4d today and my first appointment isn't until 8/15 (I'll be just under 9 weeks then). My midwife was completely booked before then. I am just worried that this is a MC sign but I've had no spotting or bleeding and no other pain. Trying to stay positive and not stress but it's scary :(

Re: Probably overthinking this but...

• With my first I had period like cramps for a long time. I'd say most of the first trimester. Everything was ok. Maybe just call your midwife and explain what happened and see what they say. I'm no doctor, but it doesn't sound too bad to me. Keep us posted!
  • Thanks everyone. It's just weird since I haven't experienced it until last night and I thought it was something I did. I wasn't sure if it was too early for RLP. Appreciate your responses!
  • Loading the player...
  • I get what I assume is RLP every once in a while. Yesterday I had a sudden stabby one, and actually uttered an "OUCH!" when getting up, and my husband was all sorts of concerned. I had to reassure him that it's normal, but he was convinced something was broken or something. Poor dear. Hang in there lady!
  • amismomamismom member
    edited July 2014
    Totally normal. That is how I knew something was up and first entertained the thought I was pregnant again. That very same stretching, almost like pulling a muscle inside. I've had constant light cramps and this was the case with my pregnancy with my DD. Just take it as a sign that you are indeed pregnant and your body is making room for your fast growing peanut :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

EDD: March 12,2015

• mandi195 said:

I get what I assume is RLP every once in a while. Yesterday I had a sudden stabby one, and actually uttered an "OUCH!" when getting up, and my husband was all sorts of concerned. I had to reassure him that it's normal, but he was convinced something was broken or something. Poor dear. Hang in there lady!

That's what I thought too! Haha I thought I did something even though I know that the baby is deep inside and protected, and bending over as gently as I did probably did zero damage. I'm just ultra paranoid.
    It's my first pregnancy and we conceived on the first try which I'm absolutely grateful for...but I just keep thinking it's too good to be true. I know...I need to just quit that thinking and enjoy being pregnant which is proving to be harder than I thought.
  • mandi195 said:

I get what I assume is RLP every once in a while. Yesterday I had a sudden stabby one, and actually uttered an "OUCH!" when getting up, and my husband was all sorts of concerned. I had to reassure him that it's normal, but he was convinced something was broken or something. Poor dear. Hang in there lady!

That's what I thought too! Haha I thought I did something even though I know that the baby is deep inside and protected, and bending over as gently as I did probably did zero damage. I'm just ultra paranoid.
    It's my first pregnancy and we conceived on the first try which I'm absolutely grateful for...but I just keep thinking it's too good to be true. I know...I need to just quit that thinking and enjoy being pregnant which is proving to be harder than I thought.
  • uromysuromys member
    Im going to agree with everyone else and say at most likely RLP. Currently pregnant with #2 and I've been getting it for about a week now. Nothing too sever and some mild cramping which I can remember from round one. Just try and stay hydrated.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"