July 2013 Moms

UO

I think if the company pays for the staff to go to happy hour, movie, laser tag, baseball game, etc. then you should just shut up and be thankful you work for a company that provides such benefits to their employees. 
Brought to you by the ungrateful employees who balked at the movie we picked for our event even though it was the only one showing. We even gave them all 15 dollar GC for concessions. Gah I hate my position on the committee sometimes.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: UO

• @SMac85‌ I know our local district teaches them how to properly sign their name, but that's it.
  • Loading the player...
  • SMac85 said:

It bothers me that cursive writing is no longer taught in schools. (I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if it is the same across the border). I get the fact that technology is taking over and cursive writing is becoming a lost art, but how are my kids supposed to sign important documents? Autographs?

I actually don't mind that I is not taught anymore. I use a hybrid of cursive and printing. My signature is a scribble. Dh can't for the life of him write in cursive. When he was taking the GRE he had to write out the paragraph in cursive and he had to keep going up to the lady to ask how to write most of the letters. Mostly everything is done on computer now anyways.
  • @sparkymcgeee I totally feel you!!! People at my office do this all the time. We have outings and pass out giftcards to everyone and they still complain! So annoying!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    I also do a combination of cursive and print. I don't really mind that it isn't taught anymore either.

Maybe it could be taught as an elective or something, lol?
  • MRadsMRads member
    I write in completely illegible cursive.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • haddocky said:
    I think it's strange when people are having marital problems and still try to conceive. Having another baby is NOT going to fix any existing issues.  
    Who said it was to save the marriage? Or relationship? Yeah you're going to be tied to this person forever but you already are because of your first kid right? So why can't a woman have another child because she wants another child even though she knows the relationship won't last. 
    We've heard from several people here that they are glad their parents split up and it didn't do them any harm. So what's the difference?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee I don't even really know how to respond to your post. Because it's not that I don't get what you're saying... it's just that I wasn't really going in that direction with my post. 
  • FTR, I agree with you for the most part. But if saving the marriage isn't a priority or even a goal then why not have a kid because you want a kid. 
    My marriage is extremely important to me because I plan to spend the rest of my life with my husband. If I thought bringing another child into our lives would cause an irreparable rift in our relationship I wouldn't do it.  

Meimsx no more
  • I think babies put a real strain on a great relationship and especially an already rocky relationship. If one is trying to work on a relationship, having a baby is probably not the best idea.

This! We are great together but after not sleeping for months I can't even imagine the damage a second baby would make now. I just want to wait and wait and wait.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• @BetsyD2010 I'm trying to post a picture to the spam thread but my phone won't let me. I'll try again later :) 

Also, I'm glad my parents divorced when I was 4 and I definitely don't think adding another child to a custody battle (just because my mom wanted to have another kid) would've been a good idea. 
  • Here's a light one that I know most of you won't agree with :D

I think the color black is a very unfortunate color. I only have a few pieces of black clothing and I never usually wear them. It catches lint and fades, ick. 

• haddocky said:
    I think it's strange when people are having marital problems and still try to conceive. Having another baby is NOT going to fix any existing issues.  
    I really hope this is a popular opinion and not an unpopular one! ;-)
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • DH and I were having major problems in our relationship and had just firmly decided we were going to try working through them when we found out I was pregnant. Noah definitely helped us get back on track with each other and gave us something that had the same goal and focus when we were struggling to get past ourselves and our individual wants. I'm sure it helped that Noah has been an "easy" baby.

And that is definitely the exception to the rule, so to speak. I know it helped us, but it isn't something I would suggest doing to help others.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Fast food places that serve breakfast and lunch/dinner should serve lunch/dinner food all day. I don't care if it's only 930/10 if I've been up since 5 or 6 it lunch time and I want a burger ;)
    At the very least they should let me get some goddamn french fries. If they can fry me up a hashbrown, they can make some fries. Our taco bell opens ate 10 am and they serve no breakfast food. I thought it was weird at first but now I think they shoudl open at 9.
    I say this all the time! I want a burger gosh darn it! I don't care that it is 10:00a!

• Now I'm really curious about the question that was asked at the conference. 

Meimsx no more
  • Fast food places that serve breakfast and lunch/dinner should serve lunch/dinner food all day. I don't care if it's only 930/10 if I've been up since 5 or 6 it lunch time and I want a burger ;)
    At the very least they should let me get some goddamn french fries. If they can fry me up a hashbrown, they can make some fries. Our taco bell opens ate 10 am and they serve no breakfast food. I thought it was weird at first but now I think they shoudl open at 9.
    I say this all the time! I want a burger gosh darn it! I don't care that it is 10:00a!
    WaffleHouse, anyone? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, 24/7/365!
  • EagleWife said:
    Fast food places that serve breakfast and lunch/dinner should serve lunch/dinner food all day. I don't care if it's only 930/10 if I've been up since 5 or 6 it lunch time and I want a burger ;)
    True, but we don't like stopping to eat and even though you can get their stuff to go, it's not really car-friendly, you know?
    This is true. It's hard enough to break into a patty of smothered, covered, scattered, and chunked hash browns when you are sitting in a booth with a proper plate and fork. A styrofoam plate and plastic fork on the road would make it darn near impossible.
  • Finally thought of my own UO.

I don't enjoy overly affectionate animals. I don't like them climbing all over me for loves and I can't stand animals who don't get what stop means when they're licking me. I'll tolerate it for a little while but then I need my space!

This is why our rescue dog is not my favorite. Love her but it's annoying.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • People don't "deserve" to have someone clean their house.  People budget and find money for things that are important to them, and house cleaners might be part of that.

Damnit, I deserve it! I like to lean!
    ;)
  • EagleWife said:
    Fast food places that serve breakfast and lunch/dinner should serve lunch/dinner food all day. I don't care if it's only 930/10 if I've been up since 5 or 6 it lunch time and I want a burger ;)
    FFThC: I've never been to WaffleHouse. I have heard to not go to the ones in VA, at least not the ones in NOVA. So...I have pretty much avoided them. Though I had a friend who lived in NC for a while and all he would do is talk about WH.
    WaHo is not all that for me. I go 2-3 times a year when the hubs wants it. And there are some really really bad ones. :) You kind of have to know which ones are good before taking the risk. 
  • @haddocky‌ my UO was not a bash on what your SO does, and I'm really glad to hear he doesn't use chemicals. Everyone in my neighborhood does, and I can't take my baby for a walk without getting a whiff of them. And your yard is beautiful, much different than the boring lawns I'm referring to.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19