January 2015 Moms

***Thursday Ticker Change***

This is a check-in for those ladies whose tickers change on Thursdays. (EDDs Jan 1, 8, 15, 22, 29). It will be posted weekly!

Here is a link to TB fruit size chart: https://m.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Thursday!

Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling?

Appointments/Updates?

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently?

Rants/Raves:

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).

dx:  Unexplained IF
 TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
C.J. born 01/09/15

Re: ***Thursday Ticker Change***

• Week/Fruit: 15/Orange

How are you feeling? The past few days, great! Not sure if it's because work is super busy since my boss in on vacay and I haven't had time to be tired, but I'm reveling in the fact that I haven't almost fallen asleep at my desk all week.

Appointments/Updates? Monday! 

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Nothing at all yet. Soon I should start pulling out out gear from DD to make sure it's working. I've saved absolutely everything so as long as it's all working, there isn't much I need to buy unless the baby is a boy.

Rants/Raves: It's going to rain this weekend :(

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over  What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). A couple of beach trips.. that's about it. 
  • First time responding to this! Yay! 

Week/Fruit: Week 15 - Orange

How are you feeling? Pretty great. My lower back has been bothering me a little bit, and sleeping is just...not what it used to be. But other than that, things are good!

Appointments/Updates? My next appointment isn't until the end of August. However, we're posting our Facebook announcement later today! Eeeee!!!! I think DH is more excited than I am. And I'll be glad to have my parents off my back. 

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Our friend who took pictures for our announcement brought us an adorable stuffed bear in a tutu and some booties to take pictures with. But that's it. 

Rants/Raves: My parents. And FIL. They cannot keep their mouth's shut! We told them all that we wanted to keep things quiet until we posted on Facebook. After that, it's fair game to tell whoever you want. Last week, we got our first u/s, so I sent pics to my parents and DH's dad. Well, my FIL went and posted on FB about how he was so proud that his baby was going to be a dad. That was frustrating, so we asked him to remove it. My mom asked me when they could tell their church (my dad is a pastor, and this is their first grandchild). I told her after it's on FB. Then, Sunday night, my dad texts me telling me that he told his church that morning!! I don't understand what's so hard about listening to me and waiting until I say it's ok!! Then, he had the audacity to tell me that I need to get a move on with my plans to tell people now that I'm in my second trimester. I had to give my phone to DH to keep from saying stuff I would regret. I was so mad. Still a little bitter. I just feel like I haven't been listened to or taken seriously. 

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over  What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). I have one more semester of my master's degree, so I'm gearing up for school, but also just enjoying the time off. I'm also leaving my current internship, so working on that transition is exciting. Honestly, I can't wait for summer to be over. Bring on autumn!!!

• Loading the player...
  • pray67pray67 member
    Week/Fruit: Week 17/Onion

How are you feeling? - Overall great! Few headaches here and there but overall super fantastic. Lets keep going!

Appointments/Updates? - I have one this afternoon. Will know more then.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? - Umm. Not really. Waiting to find out the gender of the baby. Not that we are going to be all pink or all blue. Its just the excitement that is going to be push us even more then.

Rants/Raves: I had my highlights done yesterday and they look beautiful! Pregnancy does not have to bring your life to a stand still :)

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over  What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). - Me and DH are visiting our friends at NJ around labor day. We also bought tickets to the US Open -Women's Final. So that's exciting!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling? 

Pretty decent I'd say.  No real complaints... Although, strangely enough, I've been having more bouts of nausea lately.

Appointments/Updates?

Ultrasound is set for August 15th!

Nope...I'm a procrastinator though and will wait until the last minute.

Rants/Raves:

Rave!  I may be getting a promotion soon.  I'm praying that it all works out.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).

Being happy that summer is over - that's my plan!  I'm so ready for fall.  Casseroles, football, changing leaves..

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 17/Onion :-)

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  Getting the Round Ligament Pain here and there.

Appointments/Updates? I am high risk so they did first anatomy scan Monday and it went really well.  I go back at 21 weeks for another look.  Today I have normal OBGYN appointment so half day at work!  YAY!

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Nothing recently.  I am expecting a Zulily package in the mail in the next couple of days with a few swaddles and things.

Rants/Raves: I live in Miami and it is hot hot hot!  I still have probably until Nov or so with this heat.  Starting to bother me when I am out walking and doing things.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). Going to see my mom next week and my little brother in South Carolina for a few days.  Can't wait to hang out with family! 
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • I probably won't be doing that (withholding information), as I get waaaay too excited about sharing stuff with them. But there's a very, very good chance that next time we have a baby, we won't be telling them until closer to the time when we're announcing to everyone. 

• Week/Fruit: 15 weeks, orange

How are you feeling? Nausea is getting better, which is good.  Super emotional these days though.

Appointments/Updates? Our next appt is August 13th for an ultrasound to see if this is baby girl #3 or if I have to relearn EVERYTHING and figure out how to parent a boy.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? No and most likely won't for a while.

Rants/Raves: Hubby landed a new job this week which is a HUGE deal.  It is a major step forward for him and we are super excited about it.  Rant, what was I thinking going back to get my masters?! I am miserable.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). None really.  Our big family vacation is Disney World in October so really we are just waiting on that.  DD #1's bday is August 14th so we are doing a big princess party and that will be fun.

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Week/Fruit: 16/Avocado

How are you feeling? Good. Energy is still up. The only crap part is that sleep has been hell. I sleep good for about 3-4 hours and then in early am I wake up 10 times. I can't get comfy. It may be that every time I wake up, I'm lying on my back

Appointments/Updates? None til 8/15

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? YES FINALLY! Last weekend we hit up yard sales so I got a boppy for $5, a grocery cart cover for $4, and a rock n play (a sleepy thingy) for $30! Great deals! I can't wait to find out the sex so we can paint the room and buy the furniture so I can NEST!

Rants/Raves: Just the sleep thing, which really sucks.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). DH and I are going on a 2 weeks trip to Greece the first two weeks of September. I am so EXCITED! I can't wait to waddle all around Santorini :)
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• Week/Fruit: 16w/avocado

How are you feeling? A little better. Nausea & headaches still come and go...but I feel a little more energetic

Appointments/Updates? No updates yet. Today is the 10th business day since I took the Panorama test. I'm hoping to get good results so we can celbrate this weekend! No appointments till 8/13.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Nope. I didn't buy anything myself for DD till about 2 weeks before (this doesn't count what I received at my baby showers). Plus, we don't know the sex yet either...

Rants/Raves: I'm excited to get DD back tonight...she spends Sunday night-Thursday afternoon with my mom during the summer since we both work, and I miss her so much!

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).  We have a trip planned for Texas in mid-September to watch a UCLA football game at Cowboys Stadium. Not my ideal getaway, but it is what it is!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 15/Navel Orange

How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good and happy to have my energy back. I notice that I'm waking up more often in the middle of the night due to being uncomfortable, and wake up pretty cranky.

Appointments/Updates?  Next appointment is 8/14 and just set my anatomy/gender appointment for 9/04

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? My DH and I just bought his mother an adorable onesie that reads, "Owner of Gigi's heart". So far, that's it. Really trying to wait until we know the little one's gender.

Rants/Raves: Have our gender reveal party all planned out and will be sending out invitations next week!!

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). We don't have any summer plans besides working... I'm actually over this (HOT TEXAS) summer and so ready for the fall!
  • Week/Fruit:
    18/sweet potato

How are you feeling?
    Minus the constant pounding headaches? Good!  My lower back is starting to hurt a bit more, but manageable. It feels better after I dance or do a little yoga, so I've been trying to squeeze that in more when I can.

Appointments/Updates?
    I had my a/s today!!!!!  Everything looked PERFECT. Baby was healthy and all the parts looked normal and fine. I got 2 awesome pics (including a feet pic that I looooove).  We remained team green.  My next appt will be in Canada, yikes.

Just a few more onsies. Not buying much until after the shower. Oh, we did buy a book. Trying to start a book collection.

Rants/Raves:
    Just that moving is stressful and tiring, especially when pregnant. We leave in 2 days, can't wait to be done.  We have one room left to pack only, so it's going good... just tired.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over  What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).
    Exploring the country/city we'll be moving to, mostly. Maybe some day trips before H starts work. Unpacking, etc.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Week/Fruit: 18/Sweet Potato (maybe we should change this to "produce" because a sweet potato is definitely not a fruit! lol)

How are you feeling? I still really lucky in terms of lack of symptoms. Sleeping is becoming a little more difficult, and I do get the occasional headache. Oh, and the past two days I have been hungry almost constantly!

Appointments/Updates? Nothing to report. Regular 4 week check up on the 13th and then A/S on the 18th. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. I don't like this waiting thing! I'm going to be a mess between 20w and when we do our second elective ultrasound around 30w.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Not recently, although my mom talked to me yesterday about wanting to buy the crib and dresser for his room :)

Rants/Raves: DH is up for advancement this year and we're waiting for the results to come out. There are tons of rumors flying but I really, really, really just want this info to come out like NOW. DH is a mess waiting for the news, I'm really anxious because it could mean a lot more money for us...C'MON NAVY!!

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). We're going to DH's grandfather's house next weekend to visit with family. The house is on the river and is kind of like a little vacation for us. Also, I'm thinking we might do a weekend in VA Beach here soon. Nothing big or fancy though.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling? Pretty good  

Appointments/Updates? 8/19/14 (20w5d) ultrasound

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? No waiting until I find out the sex to purchase most things because it is overwhelming

Rants/Raves: FI is an ahole lately! He hasn't been as supportive as I would like and it's hard for me to trust he is going to step up at this point.  I don't know if it is nerves or what but I put our house search on hold and got an apartment that I can afford (on my own) incase this isn't a case of nerves

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over :( What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).  MOVING WEEKEND! I will finally have a room for the baby this weekend so this is around the time I will start buying things

BabyFruit Ticker

• Week/Fruit:
    14/Lemon

How are you feeling?
    Morning sickness is still there for me... it is just my world... lol plus I feel a cold coming on.. (I hate when I get sick towards the fall)

Appointments/Updates?

No updates.. but I'm going to have a few appointments around 16 weeks :)

I haven't bought anything but I've been given small gifts from registries and friends :)
    Rants/Raves:
    I hate working

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).

Hopefully I can take my vacation before maternity leave so I can prepare for my baby shower and get stuff for my baby
  • Happy Thursday ladies!!

Week/Fruit:15/orange

How are you feeling? Not great, not sleeping well lately and that means more nausea, ugh!

Appointments/Updates? Next appt is 8/14

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? Still nothing yet

Rants/Raves: Daycare was closed last week and ILs watched DS, which is really nice but they don't follow a schedule well so I think we are now getting back on track with sleeping. DS was a disaster last weekend from not napping, poor kid.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not). No vacations planned. The MN State Fair is coming up though and I always enjoy that.
  • Week/Fruit: 18/sweet potato

How are you feeling? Overwhelmed and totally busy with work. It's 4:15 and I am just eating lunch right now. I also have a wicked head cold that is keeping me up every night. Yay, 4 hours of sleep!

Appointments/Updates? We had a bad result on our trisomy 18 test (1:44) so I took the cell-free DNA test Monday. Results take 10 - 14 days but my a/s is scheduled for 8/6 so we should have some sort of confirmation of results by then.

Have you bought/received anything for the baby recently? I really can't. I'm so upset about the trisomy 18 that I can't even bring myself to think about the baby.

Rants/Raves: The genetic counselor we saw on Monday was a real jerk. All she did was make us worry more and she really pushed us to skip the blood test and get an amnio. Luckily I had the foresight to call my doctor and she advised us not to do the amnio unless absolutely necessary - which she feels it is not at this point.

QOTW: It's almost August! Which means summer's almost over What plans do you have for the rest of summer (BR or not).

We have a jam packed August. This weekend is my husband's beach birthday, then we have a 1st birthday for a friend's daughter. Next weekend we have a 50th anniversary with vow renewals, the weekend after that we are on vacation in OBX. After that we have a 3 year old's birthday party, then Labor Day.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"