Trying to Get Pregnant

talk to me about SMEP

morning!  

I noticed on the WTO threads people talking about SMEP and I was curious, so I decided to do some research.  After reading the website, the idea of it seems simple enough, but I'm curious as to why you BD 3 days starting with a positive opk, take a one day break, and then BD one last time.  What is the reason for the break?

The success stories on the website are certainly encouraging, although I realize there is a ton of selection bias coming into play there.

Anyway, I'm on CD10 so it certainly doesn't seem like it would hurt.
BabyFetus Ticker
BFP! - 8/15/14
EDD - 4/28/15
It's a Boy!

Re: talk to me about SMEP

• I don't know much about the plan, but since my surges are typically pretty quick, this idea would not work for me. If I waited until I got a positive OPK, I would probably miss my chance completely. I usually O within 12 hours of the positive so I would almost totally miss my FW.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Plus, this plan is pretty similar to what most people do anyways - EOD sex, +OPK, then ED sex, rinse, wash, repeat. It's not much different then most game plans.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always done a modified version of the SMEP, before I even knew it was called the SMEP. We would have sex EOD (to make sure we didn't miss the FW) and then when I got a + OPK, we would have sex ED for a few days. It's kind of common sense.

Like everyone else said, pretty much every TTC "plan" is a SMEP. The sperm has to meet the egg for pregnancy can occur.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"