December 2014 Moms
Options

aden and anais....worth the hype?

Are the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets worth the hype? Anyone tried the Aden and Anais easy swaddle blankets? I pretty much have my heart set on this "Brave Flying Dog" print one. 

Also. Can I say one more time...IT'S A BOY. I cannot freaking believe it. I get my little man! Okay, move along now(but post a response first). 
M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

Re: aden and anais....worth the hype?

• Options
    Yes, I love them!  
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MmsHughes4MmsHughes4 member
    edited July 2014

First - Congrats on the boy!!

Yes! In my opinion - they are so worth it. I had a stack of them with DS and loved them. They held a lot of uses for me - I would go through one a day. Looking forward to picking up some girl prints for this little one. With DS I'd only used the swaddle blankets. This time around I'm going to get the changing table cover, crib sheets and small blankets.

ETA: Check Ebay. And the Target ones are nice but also smaller than the traditional A + A.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used them with DD and loved that they were so breathable because she was a summer baby. I might just go with the swaddle ones for this one since it will be much cooler out.

• Options
    kimba1976kimba1976 member
    edited July 2014
    I think they are. My daughter is 17 months and we still use hers. They are super soft and breathable. We also live in South Florida, so when she was still being swaddled they kept her from getting too warm.

ETA - I was using an A&A blanket on my daughter at the beach in my profile pic!
  • Options
    I loved them for my son. He was born in May and they were the perfect summer swaddle. He is now three and just recently stopped sleeping with them because they were shredding from so much use/washing!
  • Options
    Another yes they are worth it. I've never used other muslin swaddles but the A+A ones are awesome. They get softer with each wash and hold up great.

In the baby stage, great to swaddle, burp clothes, car seat cover, stroller blanket, list goes on and on. After DD turned 1, we started using them I'm the crib for a light weight blanket. We're still using them at 2 yrs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    That design is adorable.  Might need to add these to my registry. 

Test
  • Options
    YES! I refused to get them with my first because I thought the price was ridiculous for a stupid blanket. My mom bought a pack for me for my second and they were pretty much the only blanket I used for with him. Absolutely love them. My boys still use them and they look like they are brand new after 2yrs.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    100% worth it. We got a set for DS2 and I pretty much never used another swaddle blanket with him.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    They are awesome. DD hated to be swaddled in anything else. I loved big the blankets are. I wouldn't have bought them on my own. I got them as a shower gift and may look for a couple more. My mom also got dd an a&a sleep sack and we loved that one too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Agree they are worth it. I didn't know about them when he was first born but this baby will have then for sure. I recieved a couple from a friend and he still sleeps with them at night. They get softer and softer with every wash and breathe so well!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    erienerien member
    Question: What do you ladies mean by the "Target line"?  Are you talking about blankets sold under the A+A name but only at Target?  Or a Target brand of muslin blankets?  I ask because I have A+A blankets purchased from Target that I love but if there's something better out there, I want to know! 

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• Options
    I love Aden & Anais Muslim swaddles. They were my favorite blanket with DS. Great for swaddling, cuddling, and nursing cover.
  • Options
    Worth every penny - we STILL use ours and Grace is 2 1/2. 
    Micropreemie, IUGR mom to Noah, born 10 weeks early at 1lb, 10oz.  Grace born 02/2012
  • Options
    erien said:

Question: What do you ladies mean by the "Target line"?  Are you talking about blankets sold under the A+A name but only at Target?  Or a Target brand of muslin blankets?  I ask because I have A+A blankets purchased from Target that I love but if there's something better out there, I want to know! 

The "cheaper" line is Aden by Aden&Anais. They are sold at Target, BRU etc. The are smaller and quality isn't as good as the boutique line. The good ones are 47x47.

https://www.adenandanais.com/en-us/content/aden+range/aden.aspx
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes, worth it.  They are great for car seat covers and nursing covers because they're so breathable.  They're one of the few things I consider a "must have."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The "cheaper" line is Aden by Aden&Anais. They are sold at Target, BRU etc. The are smaller and quality isn't as good as the boutique line. The good ones are 47x47. https://www.adenandanais.com/en-us/content/aden+range/aden.aspx
    Good to know! I totally would have just bought them thinking they were the same thing. The Amazon ones are the good ones though, right? 
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Amazon sells both lines. Make sure it's the 47x47 ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002SW3B0O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1406819332&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

Eta- meant to quote @allfalldown14‌
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    erienerien member
    Thanks for the clarification, ladies!  I have added it to my Amazon wish list.  Baby will be getting new blankets from Santa this year! 

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• Options
    I think they are. My son is still using his and he's 3.5. We also used the a+a "sleeping bags" once G was a year old because he was a winter baby as well. He slept in the sleeping bags (which also kept him from climbing out of his crib) for 2 winters. I was so sad to retire them when he was 2.5.

https://www.adenandanais.com/en-us/productlanding/1277/baby/sleeping-bag/cozy-sleeping-bag/sleeping+bag+cozy.aspx
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

We loooove our A&A blankets and still use them to this day. We used them for at least a month or so when we'd swaddle DD at for naps/bedtime. We eventually switched over to the SwaddleMe wraps, but continued to use the AA blankets. We used them as sun covers for the car/stroller, a nursing blanket the first couple months when I was still trying to be discrete (you'll get over that too), as a blanket to lay on for tummy time, and we now use them every night for naps/bedtime. They're so lightweight that they're perfect for the AZ summers.

I will say, the legit ones are much better than the Target ones. They Target ones aren't as soft and not as big. We had a much harder time trying to swaddle her in these ones and eventually just gave them away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes! Also agree the Target ones are not as good...they are smaller and not as soft. The real A&A blankets get softer with time...love them so much!!
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This is baby #4, we purchased them with #2, we currently own about 22. They are well loved and used. And we only use the bamboo ones. There is a difference and they are worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    emp156emp156 member
    ftm here, and as others have noted so many friends have raved about these, so i'm planning on registering for the blankets (one set - that's probably it). 

despite the fact that this winter baby will likely use other warmer things at first, i'm sure there will be many opportunities to use later in spring/summer. 
  • Options
    I had never heard of them until someone gave us one for DS, then I fell in love!  We live in Georgia so they are perfect for swaddling, nursing, car seat covers, etc. like PP's said.

Although they are thin, I am still going to use them to swaddle this baby because they are great for layering.  With DS (spring baby) I just put him in a onesie then swaddled.  For this baby, I will probably put her in a couple of layers then swaddle.
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    Amazon also carries the "Cozy swaddle blankets" which are two layers thick for more warmth and the "Dream" blankets that are four layers thick (much heavier). I am obsessed with these blankets. My favorites are the Cozy swaddles (the stroller blankets are double layer too but they are the slightly smaller size).
  • Options

Yes. Dunno about the easy ones. I have the legit ones and the Target line. The legit ones are bigger and softer, but I like them all really. I want to add a bamboo one to my collection, I've heard they are they absolute softest.

I have heard the legit ones are the bees knees.

• Options
    It's totally worth the hype. DD still carries around her A+A blankets 2 years later.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"