April 2015 Moms

Low Progesterone Levels

Hey everyone! I posted a couple days ago about having a lot of cramps and pain. My doctor had me get some blood work done, which showed that all of my hormone levels were good except for progesterone. They started me on oral medication to increase those levels, and I have an ultrasound in two weeks to check on the baby. Anyone else having this issue? I'm a little worried- did some reading online and it seems that taking the medication vaginally has worked better for people. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Low Progesterone Levels

• I'm on progesterone so far so good started it when took my trigger shot. Are you having levels checked again after starting oral med? Mine is a gel
  • Yea they are checking me again in two weeks... so hoping that it works!
  • Loading the player...
  • I did research on it too. I also found vaginal was rated better. However, my insurance would only approve oral. I would call your ins and start there.
  • I've taken it both ways, and the pill is the same one.  I actually swallowed the one I was supposed to take vaginally... and had to make a very embarassed call to the doctor. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Visiting as I am a late March EDD, but I tend to go over, so I may be April.

In any event, I use the prometrium caps orally. I've used them for all 3 of my pregnancies and do so until 9w. I prefer it as I hated the mess. But take them at night after a meal otherwise you will feel nauseous.

imageimageimage
  • Yea I have been taking them right before I go to bed and they haven't made me sick yet. Hoping it stays that way
  • I've taken it vaginally for both pregnancies. Worked well, obviously, but I can't compare it to the oral one.
  • I am taking it orally and it works. My progesterone was 10 at first and two days later after the meds when I got bloodwork it was 22. Now it's 29. My dr said it just needs to be over 20. He is having me get blood drawn to test it weekly.
  • I took progesterone orally in my first pregnancy. Am 5 weeks and two days today and am taking it again. Yesterday and today have had cramping and upset stomach with some brown spotting. Kind of worried :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"